3,233 results
All reviews ski valet solstice restaurant hourglass bar timberline studio valet staff zip line ski school mountain lodge one bedroom suite beautiful resort gondola ride off season spruce peak ski resort heated pool top notch full kitchen
Reviewed 14 May 2018

My husband and I came for the weekend to the SML, we were impressed with the d矇cor the moment we entered. The valet and front desk associates were both friendly and helpful. We enjoyed many of the facilities and would certainly return. My only disappointment was that their wasn't an indoor pool. So many of the local hotels offer this and I was surprised that the hotel didn't have one.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at The Lodge at Spruce Peak, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at Stowe Mountain Lodge and for taking the time to provide us feedback. Our staff takes great pride in providing each guest with a great experience when staying at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Great retreat for pampered relaxation as well as exuberant activities. Billy knew where the best maple syrup bike rides and walkways were. The staff remembered preferences day to day. Everyone was knowledgeable, welcoming and accommodating. Detail was paid at every turn to ensure a delightful experience.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie S
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at The Lodge at Spruce Peak, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at Stowe Mountain Lodge and for taking the time to provide us feedback. We're so glad you utilized our concierge team. Billy definitely knows the ins and outs of Stowe and loves to share his knowledge with our guests. Our staff takes great pride in providing each guest with a great experience when staying at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2018

For skiing, hiking, resorting, and experiencing Vermont, Stowe Mountain Lodge provides a truly memorable experience albeit VERY pricey. HOWEVER, visiting in off-season weeks offers a more affordable rate and the same amount of enjoyment!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have been traveling around the Northwestern Vermont area for the last couple of weeks. Weve been working ourselves from Lesser, more humble accommodations to what we consider was the top, based on reviews and high price points. Although Stowe Mountain Lodge has a lot to offer, theres just something missing. Dont get me wrong, the indoor gym and the outdoor pool and Jacuzzi are nice, but the property just seems dead. We realize its shoulder season and thats why we got the great rate through tripadviser and booking.com but the property has a worn out assisted living facility feeling about it. Very sterile, but not in a good way. Our suite, a studio with a king size bed and a pull out queen sofa had many scuff marks on the furniture, torn fabric, and dusty appliances. We were saving this one for the last stop but were sorely disappointed. The acclaimed village in the back of the hotel was completely shut down. Although there was still snow on the mountain, the lifts were closed. It would have been nice if somebody in the reservations department would have told us about this before booking the hotel. The valet was welcoming, but the front desk left a little to be desired. They didnt seem to know what was open and was closed. Maybe we should visit during a more active season, like foliage, where the views may be better than what we saw. We spoke with management and they didnt seem to have any satisfying answers for why the offerings were so sparse, except its off-season and you got a good price.
There were some shining points, we enjoyed the services at the spa, and some specialty cocktails at the lounge were surprisingly good, but well rethink this again before we revisit. Seems like the property has aged a bit and is ready for a redo.
We are not giving up on this Lodge but we wont be back anytime soon until we are assured that updates have been made and improvements have been assured in the customer service rhelm.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry T
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at The Lodge at Spruce Peak, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at Stowe Mountain Lodge and for taking the time to provide us feedback. I apologize that your stay did not live up to your expectations or ours. We would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak with you to learn a little more about your stay and how we can make this right for you. We want each and every guest to have a great experience when staying at Stowe Mountain Lodge.
- Scott Cochran, Director of Hotel Operations; 802-760-4730

Reviewed 30 April 2018

This place is amazing! It more than exceeded my expectations. The views are dreamy. Upon arrival, check-in was quick. The staff at the front desk was very personal and friendly. I loved the smell at the front desk. The valet parking attendant was very attentive. I loved my room; it was spacious, very clean, and made me feel at home. Plus, the views from my baloney was spectacular! Picture Perfect! The views keeps me in my Happy Space! The spa was a great treat. The staff was very professional and treated me like a celebrity. I enjoyed the hot steam, the Jacuzzi and the sauna. I even surprised myself by enjoying the outdoor Jacuzzi. Lastly, I enjoyed all of my meals. The food was very fresh and the servings were more than adequate. My favorites were the pineapple almond milk smoothie, the Haddock sandwich and the sushi! I definitely plan to make this an annual event!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at The Lodge at Spruce Peak, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at Stowe Mountain Lodge and for taking the time to provide us feedback. We're thrilled you had just a great time and are already thinking about a return visit! Our staff takes great pride in providing each guest with a great experience when staying at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Hope to see you back again soon!
- Your Friends at Stowe Mountain Lodge