All reviews nooks and crannies dressing room fire pit unique hotel new ownership frisbee golf modern rooms classic vermont ping pong hot tub common areas books and games lounge area ski lodge mountain view murphy bed cozy atmosphere
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

First of all I love Molly! One of the most friendly people I have ever met!

The hotel is so unique and cozy with furniture that is so inviting. It offers excellent views, a ho tub, an indoor and outdoor pool, and a bar and restaurant. There is also a small fire pit that gives you the opportunity to interact with other guests at the hotel and a couple of the employees.

I hope I get to go back to this hotel!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie P
Kendra Y, General Manager at The Stowehof, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear Jamie P,

Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff is our most valuable asset and I will most definitely pass along your kind words to Molly. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

First off, we loved Molly at the front desk! She helped me out when I called and our reservation had been messed up through Groupon. After we had checked in, she showed us pictures of the changes the stowehof had been through throughout the years- like the grass roof and they used to have goats up there to trim it!
The whole hotel is a quirky with plenty of amenities that makes it feel like a bed and breakfast. The pool and lounge area have the COOLEST furniture! I had fun just exploring the nooks and crannies of the place.
One point I love to make is that we didn't feel like we were at a hotel with hotel policies- we felt very at home. There are hardly any rules, and all guests seem to treat it as if it were their home too. I highly recommend the stowehof to anyone!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kendra Y, General Manager at The Stowehof, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Dear Michelle T,

Thank you for a lovely review. I am delighted to hear Molly gave you a warm welcome and made you feel right at home, we love when our guests become family. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

I can't wait to go back to the Stowehof. There's a great outdoor area with pool, the rooms are cute, the overall hotel has a warm and rustic ambiance, and the staff is great. You honestly can't beat the price in Stowe. It also seems like a great place for a winter stay as it's quite close to the mountain.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear samantha s,

A sincere thank you for taking the time to share your recent Stowehof experience. We hope to see you again this winter!

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Our recent two-night stay at the Stowehof was quite nice! Great views, quirky but interesting decor, plus a number of indoor activities and lounge areas for when the weather wasn't cooperative. Our room was charming (though a bit outdated), with a decent sized bathroom and closet, and balcony access. The location is fantastic, and there is even a small disc golf course on site with discs you can borrow from the bar.

I would recommend to anyone expect those looking for sleek, modern rooms, but for less than $100/night, this was a really nice find!

Room tip: I liked room 36--interesting shape, plus extra windows and stunning views of Mt. Mansfield.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear atford6,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Stowehof! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

So cozy and a wonderful break from chain hotels! Beautiful in the summer and I can only imagine this scenery in the winter. Loved the sitting area, with games and a view that I could get used to. In Room 22 I believe, it was very cute and quaint!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear UptownDallasGirl,

Thank you for your kind review, so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to have you as our guests this winter!

Kind regards,