“Simple, Old-fashioned Lodging”

Stowe Motel & Snowdrift
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Enjoyed our stay in this motel where the desk staff is helpful, they have actual keys for the rooms, and the pool is nicely warmed. Complimentary bikes for the nearby Rec Trail were a plus. Only negative was the complimentary breakfast which didn't include juice for those of us who don't drink coffee. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 200 building; the 100 building was right by the pool and closer to the road.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M C

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We stayed here a couple of times when my children were younger and I stayed here on a solo vacation a couple of years ago. This place never disappoints. You get a better rate by calling them directly by the way. This time I had a small efficiency. The rooms here are very clean - housekeeping even washed my dishes. The beds are very comfortable and in my room I also had a sofa and a comfy chair that I moved for a perfect TV viewing spot.

I didn't bother but they have an extensive (and free) DVD collection. They obviously update it often since I saw someone borrowing a very recent release. They have great coffee in the lobby available anytime and a very good included continental breakfast.

They have two pools, one heated (I spent an afternoon there) and one unheated. They have a hot tub which I saw people enjoying.

My daughter loved this place as a teen because you can borrow bikes and there are some great bike paths around.

My room this time had a large picture window on the back looking up towards smuggler's notch. The mountain was the last thing I saw at night and the first thing I saw in the morning (I leave my drapes wide open because I love to be woken by natural light).

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Pam G
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

The rooms are comfortable. The staff friendly and wanting to make your stay great. Grounds are full of activities. Tennis, horseshoes, bikes, pools, walking paths. Located nicely on mountain road. Walk to farmers market, resturants, Stowe walk and bike path right close. Back of property is the beautiful river to wade in or skip rocks. I could go on forever how much we enjoyed our weeks stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2017

1st time staying at this motel and it won't be the last! Check in was quick and easy, the ladies at the desk were so helpful and explained all of the amenities offered such as free use of mountain bikes and an extensive DVD library. Our room was large, well furnished and very comfortable. Very comfortable beds, good pillows and plenty of towels. All was spotlessly clean, kitchenette included. Lovely grounds to wander with a beautiful pool and my husband enjoyed the hammock! Nice continental breakfast. Convenient location to restaurants and biking and walking paths.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stateuniv66
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We spent one night. The room was small but had comfortable beds, it was clean. However the toilet flushing handle broke late in the evening and the shower water temperature changed suddenly from very cold to very hot and vice versa. Would not rent again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple