All reviews manor house soaking tub the main house tavern downstairs heated floors the cottages que sera sera wood burning fireplace beautiful property appointed rooms onsite restaurant fireplace room french toast cross country skiing amazing weekend the entire property winter wonderland
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I recently enjoyed a long weekend at the Edson Hill Manor. Though the room was a little small at the Manor we really enjoy our stay. The chef is amazing! I seriously had the best scrambled eggs I’ve ever had in my life.
It was so nice after a 3 hour drive to just unwind and head straight down to they tavern without having to leave the hotel.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Had really great suggestions for shopping and extremities. Overall it was a great weekend, just wished Mother Nature would have cooperated with the weather.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 5 November 2018

I stayed at EH in April of this year with a girlfriend and we had a perfect week in heaven. I had previously stayed here last year for a week and it was so wonderful that I had to come back. I travel a lot and have never wanted to have come back to the same place again, but this place is so special that I want to come back every year. Firstly, the grounds are stunning! Gorgeous wooded 40 acres with horse barn, nordic center, pond, swimming pool, hiking/snow shoe trails, cross country skiing, fishing, rolling hills, creeks, stacked stone walls, wildlife. Perfect for weddings out by the water under the arbor. I cannot even explain how well maintained and gorgeous everything is. Absolutely picturesque and the very best backdrop for photos. The main house oozes luxury while still maintaining Vermont charm.The restaurant is elegant chalet chic and a foodie destination. IMHO, the best food in Stowe. I have been to all the other top places and while they were very good, I had the best at EH. Plus, you get breakfast from this wonderful restaurant included with your stay!!! The Tavern is such a cozy spot and has unmatched seasonal cocktails prepared expertly with care by Charles. The attentive and charming staff were always at the ready to help with reservations or ideas for anything and everything. We did not partake in use of their nordic center, but did did speak at length to one of the experienced guides and we were so impressed. I simply cannot say enough about Jesse and Erik, part owners, who run the place... kind, warm, gracious, hip, fun, and a wealth of knowledge and professionalism. I absolutely adore them! We stayed in the Guest House rooms Stand Up and Show Love. Gorgeous and cleverly appointed rooms with VERY comfortable beds, a wood burning fireplace, and heated bathroom floors. The definition of COZY LUXURY! I am sure I have left something out, but just cannot say enough good things about this place. You will be thrilled if you get the opportunity. I will be be back again and again. This place really is MAGIC!!!!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank char s
Reviewed 5 November 2018

We've stayed at many of the best quaint hotels in New England, and I think that Edson Hill is the best. The room was beautifully designed and maintained, and the fireplace made it magical. The breakfasts were wonderful, and the dinner can compete with the top restaurants in Stowe.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

This place is beyond wonderful. Everything was perfect from the room, to the attentive staff, and the ambiance of the grounds. You would be seriously missing out if you didn’t take advantage of breakfast. The beet cured salmon was one of the best things I’ve ever eaten. We will definitely be visiting again. 10/10 would recommend.

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

We had such a lovely relaxed stay at Edson Hill. The staff were very helpful, attention to detail!
The food is excellent in the Tavern and also the restaurant.
We would most definitely recommend Edson Hill and stay again. My photos don’t do it justice, it’s beautiful.
Thank you very much.