1,253 results
All reviews colonial cafe breakfast plan hot tub pie cookies outdoor pool hiking trails bike path games room new owners downtown stowe ski trip new england mountain road bit dated breakfast was included close to town
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

A last minute booking at this hotel was a good decision. The room was super comfortable, It is close to some good restaurants but most importantly the service from the hotel reception was great 1. Helped organise my laundry dilemma and 2. My husband was taken mountain biking by the FOH manager, Kevin, in his own time, which was very kind and appreciated

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2017

As usual this past weekend was fantastic. The staff is always there to help. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The grounds are very well maintained. The Cafe is also great, food is good and service is impeccable. Location is all in walking distance. We have been here 4 times now and are never disappointed. We will see you in September. Thank you again for a great long weekend.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a standard 2 double bedded room. Outside appears a little tired after a LONG winter however the room was very clean, well maintained, and quiet. The back side opens onto a small deck with a couple of chairs overlooking a green, grassy area with a gazebo between our room and the adjacent building. Unfortunately a rainy weekend prevented us from spending time out there. The front desk staff are kind, gracious and welcoming as is the fireplaces reception area.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2017

We went for our first stay at the Golden Eagle and had a wonderful time. It is a cute, cozy, quaint hotel that is in the perfect location in Stowe. Our room was clean, comfortable and organized. The staff behind the desk were very helpful whenever we had a question and very friendly. We were always greeted with a smile.
The free coffee in the morning was a nice perk. I also saw some cookies late afternoon, but did not get to try one. I'm sure they are delicious!
We only had a short stay, so we did not get to take advantage of the amenities. There was a building that housed a fitness center, pool, and sauna, which looked nice. They have a restaurant that is open for breakfast only.
There are many restaurants in the area and a movie theater across the street. There is so much to do in the area. Antiques, wine tasting, Ben & Jerry's, glass blowing studio and an amazing view! We will definitely return again. Hopefully, next time, we will get to stay a little longer.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Some of my friends recently stayed at the Golden Eagle and they tell me they had a wonderful time! Renovations are still continuing and they were pleased with their room. I am happy because I booked my stay for this coming October shortly after returning from my last stay. I am looking forward to their fabulous breakfasts and a cozy room with great staff that keep my room clean and very friendly and helpful desk staff upon arrival and throughout my stay. This resort is very convenient to restaurants in the area and walking to town is a very pleasant, short walk for stores and other restaurants. I enjoy taking the recreation path or "walking trail" into town or walking it towards the mountain, stopping for a glass of wine before checking out the kitchen store or other shops on the way or checking out the local art gallery. ( You can even stop at the "Sun and Ski" to go bowling and have a burger and fries ! ) I take my car on less-travelled roads in the area to sight-see.The resort is very "kid friendly" although my own kids are grown up and gone. The outdoor pool, indoor pool and sauna are well -maintained. The lobby has comfortable seating with free Wi-Fi and tea and coffee through-out the day with cookies in the afternoon. I like this resort so much! It still has that cozy, comfortable New England lodge feeling for me that I keep returning to experience. Visiting the lodge up at the mountain does nothing for me. It is way too commercial !

See you all soon at the Golden Eagle !

Room tip: Tell the desk staff what kind of room you want - close to the cafe, backing unto woods, near main building, near pool, etc.
Date of stay: November 2016