My fiance and I stayed at the Doubletree South Burlington over Memorial Day Weekend while visiting family in the area. The location is sort of random/middle of nowhere, but only a 5-minute drive from downtown Burlington or Winooski. It's right near some other hotels like the Courtyard, which is right on the highway, so it's nice the Doubletree is a few doors away from the Interstate.
We arrived with two road bikes which we needed to lock up indoors somewhere, and the front desk staff immediately and helpfully offered that we could use a coat closet for a conference room that wasn't being used, that only staff had a key for. It worked great and we were soo glad not to have to keep the bikes in our hotel room.
The room was lovely, not the most incredible I've ever stayed in, but the bed was comfortable, we had a nice little view of the courtyard, and it was very clean, so I didn't need much else. Bonus points for having electrical outlets on top of the nightstand.
Note - we were in room 204 which is one floor up but right off the lobby. Highly recommended if you don't mind taking a short flight of stairs (like a grand staircase in the middle of the lobby). Otherwise, the elevator is apparently way at the other end of the hotel. But we didn't mind the quick stairs, and it meant not waiting for an elevator!
We had normal breakfast there one morning, and it was quite worth it- plus, we were in a rush, and the waiter was very funny and nice about it, brought everything out very quickly, so we were in and out in about 10 minutes.
But the SUNDAY BRUNCH buffet!!!!!! This review may be biased because we have Hilton status so it was free but still! Again, it's a Doubletree, so it wasn't a crazy enormous spread, but what was there was REALLY GOOD. In particular, the buffet bacon was crispy, not soggy, and -- somehow -- the eggs benedict, sitting however long on the buffet, still had cooked whites and runny yolks. I have never seen such an accomplishment. Anyway, it was all delicious and definitely worth going to their restaurant for Sunday brunch.
Overall, I'd recommend it, especially if you have a car and are willing to take a small drive to get downtown. If you want to be in the middle of the action with lake views, this may not be for you, but it was great for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome from the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, five minutes from Burlington International Airport and downtown Burlington. Our hotel's central location puts business guests close to industrial parks and corporations like Ben & Jerry's and IBM. The University of Vermont, Champlain and Saint Michael's Colleges are nearby. University Mall, sports venues, restaurants and Higher Ground Music Hall are within walking distance. Expect outstanding service from our friendly staff and a signature, warm chocolate chip cookie. Relax in the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington hotel's grand oak lobby with fireplace and cozy seating. Spacious guest rooms and suites feature refrigerators, remote printing, complimentary WiFi access, and in-room recycling. Choose a suite for a private bedroom, extra space for families, a wet bar and sink, pull-out sofa bed and optional whirlpool tub. Hold business meetings and weddings at our hotel in Burlington, VT in elegant indoor and outdoor spaces accommodating up to 400 people. Stay connected at the complimentary 24-hour business center. The Adirondack-styled Trader Duke's Restaurant and Lounge serves traditional American cuisine and regional specialties. Savor a superb Sunday brunch seated near the field stone fireplace. Watch sports on flat-screen TVs and try local microbrews in Trader Duke's Lounge, also offering full menu dining. Take advantage of our indoor pool, whirlpool and seasonal sundeck. Exercise in the fitness center or relax in the gazebo and courtyard gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree South Burlington
- Doubletree Hotel South Burlington