“Good hotel, great staff, great Sunday brunch”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Reviewed 7 June 2017

My fiance and I stayed at the Doubletree South Burlington over Memorial Day Weekend while visiting family in the area. The location is sort of random/middle of nowhere, but only a 5-minute drive from downtown Burlington or Winooski. It's right near some other hotels like the Courtyard, which is right on the highway, so it's nice the Doubletree is a few doors away from the Interstate.

We arrived with two road bikes which we needed to lock up indoors somewhere, and the front desk staff immediately and helpfully offered that we could use a coat closet for a conference room that wasn't being used, that only staff had a key for. It worked great and we were soo glad not to have to keep the bikes in our hotel room.

The room was lovely, not the most incredible I've ever stayed in, but the bed was comfortable, we had a nice little view of the courtyard, and it was very clean, so I didn't need much else. Bonus points for having electrical outlets on top of the nightstand.

Note - we were in room 204 which is one floor up but right off the lobby. Highly recommended if you don't mind taking a short flight of stairs (like a grand staircase in the middle of the lobby). Otherwise, the elevator is apparently way at the other end of the hotel. But we didn't mind the quick stairs, and it meant not waiting for an elevator!

We had normal breakfast there one morning, and it was quite worth it- plus, we were in a rush, and the waiter was very funny and nice about it, brought everything out very quickly, so we were in and out in about 10 minutes.

But the SUNDAY BRUNCH buffet!!!!!! This review may be biased because we have Hilton status so it was free but still! Again, it's a Doubletree, so it wasn't a crazy enormous spread, but what was there was REALLY GOOD. In particular, the buffet bacon was crispy, not soggy, and -- somehow -- the eggs benedict, sitting however long on the buffet, still had cooked whites and runny yolks. I have never seen such an accomplishment. Anyway, it was all delicious and definitely worth going to their restaurant for Sunday brunch.

Overall, I'd recommend it, especially if you have a car and are willing to take a small drive to get downtown. If you want to be in the middle of the action with lake views, this may not be for you, but it was great for us.

Room Tip: Room numbers in the low 200's are right near the lobby, accessible via a staircase (or elevator...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 8 June 2017

Thank you for the review of your recent stay! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and encountered friendly staff. Trader Dukes does a great job and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed it so much. Eggs Benedict is a popular choice here! We hope to see you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Definitely, this is a good place to stay. It needs some minor updating but the room was very clean and well-appointed. We arrived in a pouring rainstorm, and the ability to walk to a good restaurant without going outdoors was a welcome addition.

Room Tip: A room on the side away from the main road is always quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 8 June 2017

Thank you for the review of your recent stay! We are so happy to hear that you encountered attentive staff, enjoyed the restaurant, and found shelter from the storm! We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 5 June 2017

This is an older doubletree in desperate need of updating. I had to stay here five nights on business and was unimpressed by everything but the front desk folks. Now I am a Diamond member, no acknowledgement of that and they still booked me in rooms not fitting my online preferences. Good luck getting to your room if you're in the back. You have to walk down two very long hallways dodging a guantlet of cleaning carts, laundry carts, maintenance carts like every third room. Very noisy hotel because of the cleaning staff. I only had my room serviced twice in the stay because it took them forever to do it and the service was inconsistent. The hallways and lobby are all dark and pretty dingy looking. When I arrived my room was super hot and you can;t set the thermostat lower than 67. This is a pet peeve of mine and actually affexts my health.. The guest should be able to set the thermostat to what they are comfortable with. Even then it did not blow out cold air so the maintenance guy (the same guy who picked me at the airport) had to bring a fan--an old dirty fan that made noise while it spun. The restaurant Trader Jacks onsite is good for breakfast, and I appreciated the free breakfast that you could order off the menu. But lunch and dinner seems to be food out of a can designed for the older palette. There is a small bar but no happy hour and the drinks are super overpriced. This is not a hotel where a biz traveler wants to stay. The front desk folks were friendly. No shuttle service except to and from airport so the van just sits there. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: I don;t know. they all seemed pretty awful.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 6 June 2017

Thank you for the review of your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not a pleasant one. Here at the DoubleTree we take guest feedback very serious and will look into this issues that you had with your stay. We hope you can give us another chance in the future!

Reviewed 4 June 2017

My husband and I were really looking forward to getting away for the long holiday weekend. Once we got to this hotel, we found the reservations were screwed up and we had to go to another hotel for the 2nd night- they did find us another hotel at the next exit. Once we got home we found $50 in hotel overcharges on our credit card and even with receipts, it is still unresolved. The hotel was not as good as I thought it would be and they don't really seem to have it all together. I travel alot, I will not stay at this hotel again, maybe it's just one of those things, but I still had a not so great experience and there are many other choices of hotels.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Management response:Responded 6 June 2017

Thank you for the review of your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear that your experience was not a pleasant one. Here at the DoubleTree we take guest feedback seriously and will look into the issues with your reservations. The $50 is a hold for incidentals when you check into the hotel and is released back to you once you checkout. If it is a debit/credit card then it can take anywhere from 3-7 business days before it returns to your card. We hope you are able to give us another chance in the future!

Reviewed 31 May 2017

The Double Tree at Burlington Vt. was excellent. It has an amazing restaurant "Trader Jacks" attached. The food was great as well as the drinks and atmosphere. The staff at this facility was exceptional. I am in a manual wheelchair and everyone went above and beyond to help me out. The room was great. We had # 108 on first floor.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Management response:Responded 1 June 2017

Thank you for the review of your recent stay! We are thrilled to hear that you found the restaurant and staff to both be exceptional. We hope to see you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
0.7 km away
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
0.2 km away
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
0.3 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
3.4 km away
Courtyard Burlington Harbor

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!