“Very run down!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Shelburne
Franklin, New Jersey
“Very run down!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

I have stayed in budget rooms all over the world and have a lot of tolerance for things not to be perfect or even good. But staying here combined many negatives-disrepair, not great customer service, smell, and cost not matching. First we wanted a handicap accessible room and were given a room that I was told had railings for the toilet. Three people were involved in checking that the room was what I needed. Got to the room and there were no handles. Went to tell them this and received no apology for sending me to the room in error. Then asked to be switched to a regular room and paid $10 for a refrigerator. The refrigeratgor brought to the room was so strong with bleach that it could not be used. Thankfully they did give a refund for it. The room we stayed in (122) had the cover to the air conditioner on the floor and duct tape on the ac apparently to hold the cover. The threshold to the room was creaky, the tiles in the bathroom were cracked and there was a sinking in front of the toilet making it feel like you were going to fall through the floor. The walls were scratched up and there was really no part of the room that did not show extreme wear. There was a slight dip from the bathroom into the room which was a trip hazard. Of course the room had the classic moldy smell of an old hotel room. The only thing I can say is that the beds were comfortable. Would not stay here again.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
South Glens Falls, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

The place is dirty and run down. We actually refused to stay after being shown two rooms that were in poor repair and smelled. They refused to refund our money. Turned the matter over to Visa Fraud Dept.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank NLE163

Travellers are raving about these Shelburne hotels

Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

Having read some reviews after having reserved my room, I was a bit scared. But as it turned out, there were no bedbugs, and the only frogs I encountered were in the marshlands along Lake Champlain.
In fact, the owner was very attentive to any complaints I made. The front door was a little tough to close; by the end of the day, it was repaired. The phone in my room was dead; he let me use his for a long-distance call at no charge.
The only glitch I saw was no chain lock on the front door of the room, but the other lock worked.
So, I say go to this hotel; it's worth it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Giannifox
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

We stayed two nights in a smoking suite, king bed. At $59.99 a night, it was a great value. Bed was very comfy and Colleen and Raj were very friendly and helpful. It made the stay for me and my PYA very pleasant and we'll be back soon. Thanks Mary!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
Chapel Hill, NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2010

We were taking an early morning flight from Burlington, so I just needed a basic room for the night. I ended up booking the room through Hotwire (another mistake I'll never make) because I thought for $185, how bad could it be? Well....TERRIBLE! We ended up with a smoking room that smelled so bad, I barely slept because I couldn't breathe. I felt like I was sleeping in an ashtray. The room smelled so bad, I left my suitcase in the trunk of my car because I was afraid the smell would permeate the clothes in my suitcase. The room was in a separate "lodge-like" building that must have been built in 1950, and was never updated. The mattress was so old and bad that my husband and I kept rolling to the middle. The sheets were paper-thin, and the bedspread had cigarette burns in it. I'm not kidding! The only positive thing I could say about the whole experience was that the lady who checked us in was very nice and actually seemed embarrased by the facility.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelburne
0.9 km away
Quality Inn Shelburne
Quality Inn Shelburne
#1 of 6 in Shelburne
0.2 km away
Days Inn Shelburne/burlington
1.7 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#8 of 14 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 9 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,345 reviews

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Shelburne? Share your experiences!