See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 August 2018

Reservation process is easy online. After arrival and going to the room, we were disappointed. Had stayed here years ago, and it has deteriorated since then. The room was not clean, small white debris on the floor, the inside of the frig was filthy, and full of water stained orange. One of the beds looked thrown together, no care in the making-sheets appeared and smelled clean. Artwork hung sideways! Mirror filthy. Peeling paint. Air conditioner fell apart. Bathroom was bad. Needs a complete remodel desperately-sink cracked and chipped, inside the cabinet was horrible, a certain kind of sticky grime with the hair dryer thrown in, dirty plastic shade over window. Tub had long, black hair, and the toilet was about 12 inches tall, knees got a workout up and down, Squatty Potty?? I can hardly believe that a hotel business can operate this way. Shame on Choice Hotels and the property management. Never again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

SkiCT,

Thank you for pointing out the issues with housekeeping so that we can work to improve upon this aspect of the guest experience at our hotel. It is disheartening to learn that you did not enjoy your stay and that the room was not properly and thoroughly cleaned and maintained according to the high standards of our housekeeping and maintenance staff. Hope you'll return and let us show you a far better experience.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

just don't stay here. it was frightening. i cannot believe it is choice branded. i chose it because i needed a pet-friendly place. the man at check-in was so unfriendly and cold, i think he forgot what business he was in. perhaps it was because i did not look like a degenerate, he thought i would complain (based on the other reviews), so he was rude from the get-go. i did not complain, i just left with my dogs at 8pm and camped instead. i write this review as a cautionary tale to travelers-- not as a complaint.

the room stunk of body odor and it looked like the bed had not been made, but rather tossed together. the bathroom was filthy and covered in hair. all the doors had dents in them as if they'd been forcefully opened. i cannot imagine actually willingly sleeping the night here.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank marieylu

marieylu,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I apologize if you did not feel that our housekeeping met your own standards of cleanliness, though our own standards are very high and include checking up to ensure that rooms are as clean as can be. We want you to experience the best value for your money, to feel comfortable, and to have your expectations exceeded; I hope that this will be the case during your next stay with us.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

The guy at the desk was nice enough. Gave us our room key and told us where the room was. Got to the room, opened the door, turned on the light. From there things went down hill. The walls had dried up sticky stuff on them, what, I don't know. There was dirty hand prints or hand rubs on on the walls, side of tv stand. The bathroom door knob was falling off, door did not close correct and had a fist hole in it. The sink had cigarette burns all over it in a no smoking room. The sink had no stopper, just a hole. The wash cloths had tan stains on them. The shower I would not use, not to clean. TV remote did not work with old style tv. We would have left, but all hotels were booked up. Not to good for a Choice hotel Inn.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank emead69

emead69,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am very sorry for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. It is disheartening to learn that you did not enjoy your stay and that the room was not properly and thoroughly cleaned and maintained according to the high standards of our housekeeping and maintenance staff. We are working to take care of all of the issues that you addressed and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

First off when we arrived to the motel or room was not ready still being clean. Which we were ok with when we returned we entered the room to find a filthy nasty motel room. Our top blanket was balld up in a ball on top of the coat rack when we un rolled it we found many white crusty stains all over it. So we brought it to the office we explained to the manager what was wrong with it he was extremly rude and nasty to us. Telling us that's how they put there blankets we again explain the stains only to be spoken to with rudeness and disrespect. In our room we found the bathroom to not have been cleaned at all. There were pubic hairs all over the toilet an sink. When I opened the shower curtin there was a have used shampoo along with many more poobic hairs. We were absolutely disgusted with the way this motel is kept up an cleaned. Rooms were very outdated never again would we stay here as well as never recommend this place to anyone we cared about.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Sean K

Sean K,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are already making reports about this so the management will be informed by this news. We are very sorry about your disappointment but rest assured, your concerns will be highly appreciated to better our services to our dear customers. We hope you can consider us again after the experience you had in us. We promise you a better service and a professional staff.

Reviewed 29 November 2016

I booked this room last minute for a random 3 night trip. I am a female and traveled alone. I read some of the reviews and was nervous about what I was getting myself into with this hotel. When I pulled up, I was relieved that it was in a good location. Some reviewers claimed it was in a "shady" location....Ummm looked like a middle class business/main road area to me. Some reviewers claimed there were dangerous people lurking about in the parking lot, maybe then, but I wonder if it was just other people minding their own business and traveling on a budget.
I was pleasantly greeted by a young man who chatted nicely with me and took care of my booking. When I checked out, another older man took the key and was kind and gracious.
The room, which I inspected closely, was clean. Not like Hilton, Sheraton clean and sparkly, but clean. The sheets were clean, the floor was clean, the bathroom was clean. The door locked behind me, had an additional bolt and a chain lock. There was a clean microwave and fridge. The shower took a minute, but warmed up and got very hot. The garbage was taken out daily and it was obvious none of my belongings were touched. I would stay here again and recommend it as an inexpensive option for anyone traveling on a budget.
And it was like 5 minutes from downtown, 10-15 from hiking trails. It was on a main highway. It was fine.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Ellen M

Ellen M,

We can't thank you enough for your five star rating of our hotel. It is very rewarding to hear from you on this matter and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. We look forward to serving you again!