“A Most Wonderful Theater”
Review of Paramount Theater

Paramount Theater
Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Rutland
Reviewed 12 December 2016

Singing with VSO at Rutland's Paramount Theater is to be with a community that cares for it's past, appreciates culture, lifts up historic architecture, and shows care by volunteering to make it all happen. The Paramount is such a good hall in many ways and is easily the most gorgeous auditorium in Vermont: plenty of backstage room, ample dressing room and green room space, great accoustics. A pleasure to work there. A special shout out to the lady who brings -every year- the now famous basket of hard boiled eggs. I got to meet her in the greenroom and told her how much we look forward to them! They say, "God is in the details." Amen.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"downtown"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Have never been inside this venue. However, based upon a Trip Advisor member's response to a question I posted recently, I contacted the box office and had an exceptional experience.

Filling out my holiday gift list, I wanted to send daughter tickets to see Pink Martini at the Paramount. Trip Advisor member, who just happens to be a volunteer at The Paramount, professionally answered my query regarding best seating. Recommended call the box office directly. I did. Extremely satisfied with box office personnel; spent a good amount of unhurried time reviewing my initial seating request and offered recommendation of better seating at same price. I enjoyed this interaction immensely. Paramont Customer Service rocks!!!
Next tix purchase will be for my personal use so that I can enjoy what appears to be a unique venue.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

We've been going to the Rutland Paramount since it reopened 15 or 20 years ago. Prettiest theater in Vermont and we've been to most of the others in the state (Flynn, Barre Opera House, Latchez Theater, Town Hall Theater in Midd, etc.). We've seen plays, operas, VSO performances, live concerts, and videocasts of operas,and political debates. Always good. We live about 20 miles from the Paramount and find it a lot more convenient than driving to the Flynn in Burlington, about 55 miles.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We were looking for something to do while passing through Rutland and discovered that The Robert Cray Band was playing at the Paramount. Who knew?? A nice venue that seats around 800, met some friendly locals who told us about how the theater had been completely restored a few years ago, they did a great job. Would highly recommend this for a concert or anything else they may offer.