See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 March 2018

When I got to the hotel, the desk was unattended with a sign to call a cell number. I called with no answer. I waited about 20 minutes, and while doing so checked out the breakfast area to find out it was still filthy at 3:30. The young woman who checked us in was high on opiates and informed me that she was the only maid. I thought that I would just leave my valuables locked in the car and deal with it for one night. I got to the corner room 211, that was dirty, smelled, and had had the door kicked in without the frame properly repaired and the security chain was dangling from the door. I waited another good amount of time to be told that there were no other rooms. The parent company of Econo Lodge put me up at one of their other hotels.

Room Tip: Stay away for real! I was prepared to cancel my trip and drive all the way home before staying there.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Istayed at this property over for one night to go skiing. I came from ny so when i got there at about midnight there was no one at the desk and a note to call a phone number that no-one picked up. luckily i was able to go behind the desk and find a key card with my name on it, from there we go to the room to find the sheets have not been changed and there is still hair on them from the previous person. we could not request new ones because no one was at the hotel. I would avoid this place or make sure to bring sheets.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Had group reserve rooms several months in advance. We arrived and entered the lobby adorned with genuine imitation, poorly installed marble. It took an extra ordinary long time to check people in. My room and most others stunk of stale cigarette smoke and mildew. The rooms are dated. Bathroom door couldn't shut. Sink faucet assembly was loose. There was no ice in the ice machine. The management did try to compensate by running bags of ice to those who wanted it. The group used the breakfast area for a gathering at night. We found rotten food in one of the refrigerator. We decided to help out and throw it away. No servicing of the rooms at all over the 2 night stay. The room next to us remained unlocked and unoccupied in a disheveled manner. Any passerby could have squatted in that room. One of our party attempted to speak to the manager the morning we left. Manager refused to show up. Will be contacting corporate.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jon B
Reviewed 18 May 2017

Check in was smooth and efficient. Front desk acknowledged my elite status and provided a complimentary upgrade. They were doing some work on the internet line at the time I checked in, and I was advised it would be down for about an hour. I really appreciated that heads up instead of letting me cold turkey and figure it out for myself. Sure enough, after about an hour it was up and running and worked perfectly after that.

The room is small. That's likely just going to be a given here, but the staff has taken the rooms they have and maintained them to a high level. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. I will be back.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Booked a room on Saturday night for a stay during the weekend basketball tournament my son participated in the Rutland area. The place itself from the road looked like the pictures we saw on the Choice Hotel website, but when we got in, got the room and entered the room was a little different from most rooms we stay in. The front door looked like it had been busted down by the police in a raid on numerous occasions, as the door jam was in need of repair not to let the cold air in, the room was small for a couple of guys that are over 6' tall, and the bathroom was even smaller. I'll just know next time to spend the extra few bucks or so and go up the road to the Holiday Inn next time, if there is one.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family