“Eclectic deli and hostel ”
Review of Yellow Deli

Yellow Deli
Ranked #8 of 119 Restaurants in Rutland
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Great food and caring staff, run by a religious group and the restaurant is named after them.. yellow deli people. You wouldn't know it unless you asked or read the reviews though. hippie feel with cool wall paintings, felt like I was in the 60s

1  Thank Doggal80

Reviewed 13 November 2017

I stopped in for a shower at the hostel and a meal at the Yellow Deli before starting my long journey home, completing two weeks on the Trail. I was a bit grizzled and dirty and they totally treated me with kindness and a smile. After showering, they treated me like family and fed me well at the YD. The bread is fresh, the sandwiches simple and delicious! Because I was solo, I actually got the pleasure of the company of one of the women who originally started the Twelve Tribes group there. She was very pleasant, and not at all doing a hard sell, but obviously believed in the mission of the group - to live communally and simply. I would totally go back. Also - their products on the shelves there are to die for, made by the 12 Twelves folks, and reasonably priced (soaps, toothpaste, lotions, et cetera.) Thanks to all of you for a bit of respite before a long drive back home.

1  Thank Julianne D
Reviewed 2 August 2017

The Yellow Deli is a very unique place. This is our second one after visiting the Boulder Colorado location The interior design is great and the food is excellent. Breads and soups are homemade. Always a good meal hear and friendly service.

2  Thank Stuart S
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We dropped in to this Rutland venue for lunch and were very pleased. Cozy atmosphere, friendly service and Blue grass playing in the background. Both my Reuben sandwich and Mrs Gyr's Fruit smoothie were delicious. YD is run by the Twelve Tribes religious organization, so beer and wine are not available. Their literature is available and interesting, but nobody twists your arm. Worth a visit.

2  Thank Gyrfalcn
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

I love the interior of this restaurant! It's an amazing maze of little nooks and tables throughout. They have cozy areas by the fire for couples, booths spread on different levels for larger parties. I've gone with just my husband on a cold snowy day. We were seated next to this little fire place in a little nook (sorry, that's the only word for it). It was almost magical.
I've also gone with family and have seen other families there as well. The food is amazing. Everything we've tried has been so tasty and full of flavor. They have 5-6 special sandwiches or you can order a sandwich made from the choices of meat, cheese, artesian bread, and toppings. They also offer soup and chili amongst other items. The chili is recommended. They serve it with a hunk of homemade bread that perfectly compliments the flavors of the chili. Yellow Deli also has an array of different coffee drinks, teas (hot/cold), and smoothies.
I recommend the "buffalo rancher", and the "deli rose" sandwiches. The draught root beer is yummy. For a coffee drink, I recommend the "old St. Joe". They gave us a sample of the "old St. Joe" and my husband ordered one. I've never seen him order a cold coffee drink since the day I met him. He finished it and loved it.

I highly recommend The Yellow Deli. It shouldn't be missed.

2  Thank Alexandria M