“July 2017 family dinner ”

Inn at Weathersfield
Reserve with OpenTable
Inn at Weathersfield is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$15 - US$57
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Authentic farm-to-table restaurant tucked inside a 1792 inn with 12 guest rooms. Chef Michael Ehlenfeldt makes everything from scratch, including the butter, jams, stocks, charcuterie, desserts, and more. Full bar and working wine cellar with chef's table for up to 12 guests. A la carte menu changes seasonally and tasting menu available Saturday and Sunday nights. The Inn at Weathersfield has its own vegetable garden that Chef Michael starts from seeds indoors every year. There is also a separate cooking classroom where Chef Michael and others teach hands-on seasonally based classes. The restaurant does weddings up to 110 guests seasonally and indoors, up to 60.
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Pretty and charming, service is fantastic even when crowded. Pricey for quality and serving sizes. Limited menu options yet robust wine or other alcohol choices. Has some work to do if wants to compete with other inns such as Norwich Inn or Barnard Inn in terms of value for the price.

Weathersfield, Owner at Inn at Weathersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

So sorry we didn't meet your expectations. Since we don't know what you ordered, we have no way of addressing your concern. Perhaps you ordered a first course as your main? We've made a conscious decision to buy and serve local and make everything from scratch, including our butter and grow what we don't get from the farms. No protein comes prepackaged off a truck. Pastas and desserts are made in house. We even make the long cracker we serve with soup. Rarely do we hear guests who frequent similar farm-to-table restaurants across the country complain about portion size. We'd love to have you come back and try us again.

There are newer reviews for Inn at Weathersfield

Reviewed 8 July 2017

I've lived in town for 30 years and had never been to the Inn at Weathersfield. Decided that had to change. Hubby and I went for our anniversary dinner. It was amazing. Chef Michael creates these mouth-watering dishes that are so elegant. Marilee and Richard take hosting to a whole new level. The staff was courteous and knowledgeable.
Menu changes seasonally. Features local farms and bakeries.
Not sure why it has taken us so long to discover this restaurant in our backyard. DUH

Reviewed 24 June 2017

We stayed here for one night. The breakfast was so good that we drove back from our next hotel to have dinner here and it was fabulous.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Exceptionally good meal. Continental in preparation, freshly sourced, and well prepared. Attentive and knowledgeable wait staff (i.e., there to please). We will return!

Reviewed 4 June 2017

With our family far away, we thought we would treat ourselves to a special evening but..... We were greeted immediately and taken to our table by a window as requested but as I looked out to view the surrounding gardens, alas, the window was very dirty! . Ok, I said to my self, my windows aren't perfect either. My husband had the oysters which he said were fair. I opted for just dinner as I am not a big eater. We both had the scallops (sea) which came beautifully presented, but only about 5 and I am not sure they were really sea scallops as they seemed small to me. Along with the scallops were two veery thin pieces of asparagus, a few small parches, and something sliced and folded along with dabs of sauce and about a tablespoon of crusty noodles. I had opted not to have the pro belly with the scallops as I had had a poor previous experience with that but ha to ask twice for the extra scallops that were promised instead. A roll each had cine prior to dinner, very light ? wheat with hard butter. So there just wasn't enough food to satisfy this 120 pound woman for the price we paid and usually have to take home part of my dinner.
The restaurant was lovely with lots of windows and wood accents and the surrounding area very accommodating to outdoor guests.

It was an expensive dinner out and I went home hungry..........

Weathersfield, Owner at Inn at Weathersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Hi Elaine,

I'm sorry that your dining experience didn't meet your expectations.

As owners of The Inn at Weathersfield, a small culinary inn with a true farm-to-table restaurant and cooking classroom, we take great pride and care of each guest and I was personally in the kitchen when your scallop dish accidentally was delivered minus the extra scallops you requested at no charge. Within two minutes of the dish leaving the kitchen, our Chef fired more scallops and they were delivered. I can assure you the nine ounces of sea scallops you ate are the freshest you could find anywhere in Vermont as Chef Michael Ehlenfeldt takes great pride in sourcing only from the finest fish purveyors in New England.

Regarding the oysters, we only serve the freshest as personally, we would never eat just "fair" oysters and if you thought that, we can't understand why you wouldn't have sent them back.

The rolls and butter are made by hand in house from scratch. The yeast rolls are made with a rye starter. The butter, since it is so fresh, is kept cold before serving. Most guests enjoy the rolls with their first course.

Regarding not having enough to eat for a 120-pound woman, I understand you didn't order a first course.

Regarding your comment about our windows, we've had an abnormal amount of rainfall mixed with pollen this Spring and our housekeeper and window cleaning service have worked feverishly to keep streaks to a minimum.

I understand we can't please everyone, but we find it very frustrating to receive an average review from someone who appeared very pleased and ate everything off their plates. May I make a suggestion the next time you dine somewhere and you aren't happy with your meal, on behalf of all small restaurant owners worldwide, speak to the management so they can fix the situation while you are there which we would have happily done.