“Excellence and Charm in Southern Vermont”

Inn at Weathersfield
Reserve with OpenTable
Inn at Weathersfield is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$15 - US$57
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Authentic farm-to-table restaurant tucked inside a 1792 inn with 12 guest rooms. Chef Michael Ehlenfeldt makes everything from scratch, including the butter, jams, stocks, charcuterie, desserts, and more. Full bar and working wine cellar with chef's table for up to 12 guests. A la carte menu changes seasonally and tasting menu available Saturday and Sunday nights. The Inn at Weathersfield has its own vegetable garden that Chef Michael starts from seeds indoors every year. There is also a separate cooking classroom where Chef Michael and others teach hands-on seasonally based classes. The restaurant does weddings up to 110 guests seasonally and indoors, up to 60.
Reviewed 12 September 2012

The Class of 1957 of Springfield HS recently celebrated their 55th reunion and a special dinner was held at the Inn at Weathersfield. What a treat it was, with a wide variety of choices on the menu, excellent presentations and Four Star Quality food. I expect this may well to be the finest restaurant in the state of Vermont.

There were twenty one in our group and everyone totally enjoyed the evening, from the ambience of the facility, the professionalism of the wait staff and the ownership friendly and also being involved in overseeing our evening.

Five in our party were also staying at the Inn. The rooms were from earlier era in Vermont, which when brought together with today’s technology, it offers all the comforts of home. It reminds you of going back to visit your grandparents home, while having the capability of wireless internet in your own room. The rooms were very nicely decorated and very comfortable.

The setting from the time you turn into the driveway to the Inn, is beautifully tree lined giving you an idea of the world you will be entering into for your stay. Not only myself, but the others in our party highly recommend the Inn at Weathersfield for your next trip to southern Vermont.

On Sunday evening, my sister-in-law and two nieces stopped by for a cocktail and a snack on their outside deck. We sat around the fire pit which is another highlight of their restaurant.

You will definitely enjoy your stay here and there is certainly no better place to go for an evening of dining.

There are newer reviews for Inn at Weathersfield

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We ate dinner at the pub. It was quaint and the food was good. The portions were small and it was a slow moving dinner but good.

Weathersfieldinn, Owner at Inn at Weathersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

This review was written the month before we bought the inn. We invite you to return and enjoy our new chef, his menus and let us know your thoughts.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I ate here with friends earlier this month and enjoyed the company and the meal, especially the lobster and cucumber appetizer. My main course was one of the specials of the day and it consisted of sauteed veal with polenta. The polenta was flavorsome, but I had expected the veal to be thin slivers of veal (rather like a piccata). Instead, it was a huge, generous chunk of meat, a little too much for my appetite. I washed the entree down with a glass of excellent Pinot Noir.

Unfortunately, I was too full for a dessert, but ordered just coffee. In future, I think I will stick to the grazing menu!

Reviewed 30 July 2012

I was here this spring and the service was terrible. Our waitress had a comment for every dish ordered. "Ohhhh, good choice", "that one's really good", "earlier tonight I tried that one...", etc. She had something for every single order. Everything was either "great", "excellent", or "very good". Sometimes she had a story about her childhood. She was obnoxious enough that I couldn't enjoy my food.

Aside from the service, the food was pretty good and was definitely fresh, but completely forgettable. The setting is very nice. In my opinion there are inns with much better food in Vermont (Victorian Inn at Wallingford for example).

I won't be going back until I can be pretty sure that waitress is gone (5+ years)

This review was written before we took ownership in Oct. 2012. We know which server this reviewer is referring to and we can assure you she is no longer working here.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

The food was well-prepared. The dinning area is pleasant. However, with the per person charge of $50 (minus the drink), the service better be impeccable. It wasn't. In fact, we get much better service at establishments charging a third of what they charge. We re-ordered a round of drink, it didn't arrive for 25 minutes but that time we were finished with dinner. The server didn't even stop by to apologize. We won't go bad.

We bought the inn Oct. 2012. We are sorry that you had such a bad experience before we became owners/managers. We take pride in not only our cuisine, but our service. Every night, we are also on the floor checking in with guests, greeting them, watching to make sure that the servers are servicing each table in a professional manner. We invite to return and let us know what you think of the restaurant now.