All reviews tea house irish farmhouse close to jay peak hot tub each cottage fun spot sugar shack stream running nearby area wealth of knowledge great hosts the claw foot tub fire pit dog friendly cottage long trail this past weekend small kitchenette
Reviewed 14 August 2012

What an absolutely perfect place to stay when visiting the Jay Peak area. We were in the area to play disc golf and found the Tea House cottage to be an incredibly quiet relaxing place to stay. I want to bring all my friends here this winter to stay and ski at Jay!! Thanks Eamon and Shawna for a perfect weekend getaway!!

Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank AnnefromVT
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My wife and I plus our adult daughter rented the Sugar House and Caribe cottages for a recent weekend to attend a nearby wedding. The cottages were very quiet, comfortable, clean and had many amenitites. The O'Sheas have created a perfect escape from the ordinary chain motels and the very rustic cabins of old. The cell reception is spotty but that adds to the charm (although there is wi-fi) for your internet connections. Don't miss out on stargazing after dark. You can almost touch the thousands of stars visible.

Room tip: There are only five cottages and each is charming to suit your mood.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Peter S
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Within the hills holding Sheady Acres, you find a life of a unique kind. A family that welcomes the weary traveler and a setting worthy of a postcard. On a recent roadtrip for work, I stumbled across Eamon and Shawna's wonderful group of cottages. Their daughter showed me the garden, the animals welcomed me, and for one night I rested as I wished I could at every stop when on the road. A unique approach in building each cabin, it makes one want to return time and again which I intend on doing. I hope on my next visit to spend time writing on the next novel in my series! Thank you for the wonderful adventure! Gene Needham, Author, Harvest of Hope

Room tip: The deepest thing within their place is the warmth felt in each cabin! I had options on which one I wanted to stay in and loved the tour!!!
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We live in DC and had decided to take the week of 4th July. My criteria were: cool weather, east coast, nice accommodations and pet friendly. We have a PhD of a Golden Retriever, a key part of our hiking team. My experience is that pet friendly places are either the top of the barrel (Ritz etc.) or the bottom of the barrel. Here is a place which is immaculate, well designed, well decorated, whimsical, cozy, and they allow PhD dogs (without the Ritz price tag).

The hosts were as kind and as helpful as can be. The views were stunning. The weather was perfect. The swimming holes were a blast. The hikes were fulfilling. It was perfect.

We shall return.

Room tip: The pictures are true to life. Three of the cabins are studios. Two of them have a sitting area separate from the sleeping area.
Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Irish FarmHouse Cabin. One of our most important criteria in evaluating a place is how clean it is. The FarmHouse was impeccably clean. It is cosy, very well decorated and has all the amenities to prepare or cook a good meal. The bed was very comfortable. We'd never vacationed in Vermont before. The place was perfectly located for us who wanted to discover the area without bikes. There are so many great places to bike from Montgomery Center or nearby. We simply enjoyed the amazing scenery. The road conditions for biking with excellent. We would hope to come again to Sheady Acres, perhaps this Fall or even this Winter for some great cross-country skiing. We will be recommending this place to our biking friends.

Date of stay: June 2012