“Beautiful, restful retreat in Vermont's Mountains”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montgomery Center
Sheady Acres Rental Cottages
Reviewed 28 August 2012

This is an EXCELLENT escape from the world; 5 unique cottages tucked away near Jay Peak in Northern Vermont.

Pros: (1) The cottages are SUPER clean - even the pet-friendly ones; you would never know another pet had been there. (2) The attention to detail is impressive - kitchen is stocked with pots, pans, utensils, blender, wine glasses, cutting board, drying rack, etc. (3) The hosts, who live on-site, are extremely welcoming, while respecting guests' privacy. (4) The amenities are unexpected - outdoor fire pit, hammock in the trees, disc golf course (for playing, or just a fun trail to walk), an outdoor grill, a spa/hot tub under a very cute 2-sided ski hut, dish TV in each cottage, free wifi, and a comprehensive guide to the surrounding areas.

Things to know: (1) There is no AC in the cottages, which means on rare occasions in the summer they can get a little hot - although window fans are provided. (2) there are very cute window treatments that compliment each cabins' theme, but they are not room-darkening, so if you are a light-sensitive sleeper, this is good to know in advance. (3) No daily housekeeping! Plan on doing your own dishes before you leave, too, or you'll have an extra fee on your bill. (4) Lots of bugs in the area - I'd suggest bringing a good bug spray. (5) This is a great, perfect place to come and relax, but it truly is out of the way; not really close to any sight-seeing (but perfect for hiking and winter sports).

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 14 August 2012

What an absolutely perfect place to stay when visiting the Jay Peak area. We were in the area to play disc golf and found the Tea House cottage to be an incredibly quiet relaxing place to stay. I want to bring all my friends here this winter to stay and ski at Jay!! Thanks Eamon and Shawna for a perfect weekend getaway!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnnefromVT
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My wife and I plus our adult daughter rented the Sugar House and Caribe cottages for a recent weekend to attend a nearby wedding. The cottages were very quiet, comfortable, clean and had many amenitites. The O'Sheas have created a perfect escape from the ordinary chain motels and the very rustic cabins of old. The cell reception is spotty but that adds to the charm (although there is wi-fi) for your internet connections. Don't miss out on stargazing after dark. You can almost touch the thousands of stars visible.

Room Tip: There are only five cottages and each is charming to suit your mood.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Peter S
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Within the hills holding Sheady Acres, you find a life of a unique kind. A family that welcomes the weary traveler and a setting worthy of a postcard. On a recent roadtrip for work, I stumbled across Eamon and Shawna's wonderful group of cottages. Their daughter showed me the garden, the animals welcomed me, and for one night I rested as I wished I could at every stop when on the road. A unique approach in building each cabin, it makes one want to return time and again which I intend on doing. I hope on my next visit to spend time writing on the next novel in my series! Thank you for the wonderful adventure! Gene Needham, Author, Harvest of Hope

Room Tip: The deepest thing within their place is the warmth felt in each cabin! I had options on which one I...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We live in DC and had decided to take the week of 4th July. My criteria were: cool weather, east coast, nice accommodations and pet friendly. We have a PhD of a Golden Retriever, a key part of our hiking team. My experience is that pet friendly places are either the top of the barrel (Ritz etc.) or the bottom of the barrel. Here is a place which is immaculate, well designed, well decorated, whimsical, cozy, and they allow PhD dogs (without the Ritz price tag).

The hosts were as kind and as helpful as can be. The views were stunning. The weather was perfect. The swimming holes were a blast. The hikes were fulfilling. It was perfect.

We shall return.

Room Tip: The pictures are true to life. Three of the cabins are studios. Two of them have a sitting area se...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Sterling Ridge Resort
#1 of 2 in Jeffersonville
4.7 km away
Phineas Swann Bed and Breakfast Inn
Phineas Swann Bed and Breakfast ...
#1 of 2 in Montgomery Center

Been to Sheady Acres Rental Cottages? Share your experiences!