“Surpassed my expectations”

Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Kudos to the chef. All the dishes were prepared to perfection. The menu consisted of just right number of items to choose from and every dish (we tried four) was amazing.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Stayed as a guest in the Inn and we ate in the restaurant three times.
Great food, atmosphere and service. Made to feel very welcome. The menu changed daily. The inn room was cozy, warm and inviting. The jazz band on Christmas Day and on Thursdays are good, too. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

My hubby and I had dinner reservations here for NY Eve. I know it's NYE and every restaurant is booked solid. I made our reservation about a week ahead and they did have availability, I reserved this restaurant based on the reviews they received. Well, we / I was so disappointed.... I will never go back. I was looking for an elegant restaurant for dinner.... When we arrived, we were greeted by the owner (I think) and were shown to one of the living rooms to wait, or we could wait in their small quaint bar. So far so good......... We were shown to our table, the LAST table in the room, with the trio. I kinda faced the back of the bass placer and looked at the back door, which was cold. I asked if we could have the empty table that was next to ours, and was told NO, that table was reserved.... huh.... I said I made a reservation as well. OK its NYE just be happy, the girl came back and said they would switch our table, we needed to wait in the living room. OK .... We were then shown to another small room in the front of the house - not the table next to the one we had. The room cold with a small, very small space heater..... OK just make the best of it; the risotto was pasty without any mushrooms and served without cheese. I had the veal and it was very good. I ordered a glass of champagne, all ok, not good, just ok.... well at the end of dinner with desert they offer you a glass of champagne ...........which we declined... that didn't make any sense and you didn't have a choice of an after dinner cordial. I had my 'wine/ champagne' for dinner,,,, I have to say for the price, I was total disappointed and I have to say I would never go back. I would have been better off on the access road...................

Reviewed 17 October 2017

My wife and I had dinner with all 3 of our adult children when they were visiting us. Our daughters travel extensively with their families and they have eaten at highly rated restaurants both in the US and internationally. One of those daughters graduated from the Culinary Institute of America. Our children were all amazed by the dinner prepared by the chef. Due to the experiences that my wife and I have had at the Red Clover Inn, we already knew that it ranks at the top of the list of restaurants in central Vermont. We all selected the chef's tasting because it has never disappointed my wife and I. Last night was no exception. Besides the fantastic food, the wines are outstanding and live jazz on Thursdays is very enjoyable. Last, but certainly not least, we cannot say enough about our waiter, Thomas. Every time we dine there, we have him as our waiter. He is so knowledgeable and he makes your experience as wonderful as possible.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

The Red Clover Inn (representing the Vermont State flower) was one of the first restaurants we visited when we were visiting Vermont almost 50 years ago. It has changed hands several times since then, but has always been a delight. The setting is beautiful, the staff is excellent, and the food (much of it naturally grown local fare) is excellent. The menu choices will satisfy anyone, and they go out of their way to customize and perfect your choice. It is hard to go wrong at this Vermont Inn.