This was our second stay at this outstanding new hotel since it opened a few months ago (ski season & July 4th weekend). I've travelled extensively for both business and pleasure over the past 20 years and the Taconic rivals any of the premium brand hotels I've been lucky enough to visit. From check in to the time you check out the service is personal and considerate. With so many 'premier' properties in VT, NH and ME a bit worn out from many years of service it's great to see a fresh alternative.
Some of the many pros of this hotel include:
1) Modern style and amenities blended into a country setting
2) Immaculately clean and maintained
3) Excellent on-site restaurant and bar. Full wrap-around porch to enjoy refreshments in the good weather.
4) Pet friendly without making a big fuss about it
5) Close to restaurants, shopping and Stratton Mountain village
The only cons I could see:
1) The secret is starting to get out on this hotel which means the availability during peak times will be tough
2) As they continue to differentiate themselves from their competitors their rates will (justifiably) go up
Take advantage of this great property and the Manchester area which remains a hidden gem in northern New England.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking