All reviews social hour wine hour front porch walking stick yoga mat fire pit fireplace king small lap pool spacious porch the hotel's restaurant indoor fireplace the hotel is pet friendly hotel is beautiful rocking chairs chocolate covered strawberries complimentary coffee glass of wine
Reviewed 7 April 2016

It was our first time staying at a Kimpton hotel and it will be difficult for us to stay in any hotel but a Kimpton from now on. The Taconic is a beautiful hotel whose staff goes above and beyond to make sure that you feel welcome and pampered. The rooms are spotless, comfortable and roomy. The staff - both at the hotel and Copper Grouse restaurant were attentive and genuine. We are already planning our trip back!

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
John B, General Manager at Kimpton Taconic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review. The team at Taconic, a Kimpton Hotel and our restaurant, The Copper Grouse , work hard everyday to make every guest feel special. They will be so pleased to hear how much you appreciate their efforts.

We are always excited to welcome a new Kimpton fan and I am certain you will love any one of our 65 hotels across the country. If you didn't have time to sign up for our Karma Rewards program please do. It is well worth it!

Your new Taconic family looks forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2016

We loved the Taconic. Just opened brand new in December 2015. Rooms are comfortable, good size bathroom, fireplace, hotel lobby and restaurant are comfortable and welcoming. Highlight is the staff, everyone is top notch, friendly, helpful, caring. Really have it down. Kimpton your people are kicking butt and doing things right. No complaints except to say the rooms are quiet for the most part but perhaps could be slightly more sound proof. also, would have loved a hot tub or pool, but learned that the pool wouldn't be open until the summer. lastly, we brought our dog - kimpton hotels are dog friendly - and she got more love and attention from the staff than we could've hoped for. They even provided a dog bed and bowls and treats at reception

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
John B, General Manager at Kimpton Taconic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Taconic, a Kimpton Hotel on your recent excursion to Manchester, VT. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the positive and constructive feedback you have provided. Your Taconic family really goes the extra length to provide exceptional experience's not only for our two, but four legged family members as well. They will all be delighted to know their hard work made such a difference.

We do have a seasonal heated pool but it will not be open for use until mid-May. I am sorry that you were unable to enjoy it during this visit. I hope you can join us again between May and October. We continue to look at other alternatives to provide options.

Your Taconic family looks forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

The Taconic is a brand new hotel in Manchester, VT owned by Kimpton. We have been to many Kimpton hotels, this one is the best by far. You immediately feel at home. We were greeted by the friendliest French bull dog and a roaring fire outside. We enjoyed a great breakfast and dinner at the hotel. My husband is still talking about the oatmeal. The entire staff is very friendly and attentive to every detail. Room service is quick, which is good with hungry kids. We even ordered after room service was closed and they did it anyway. Housekeeping left personalized note during our stay. They also have a wooden walking stick or bike if you want to go hiking. We took in the beautiful mountain views with a glass of wine by the fire. Who could ask for more. This is the place to stay in Manchester.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Wally,

Thank you for being a Kimpton fan and for your choosing Taconic for your recent visit to Manchester. We are delighted to hear that you felt right at home. Your compliments on the food from our restaurant The Cooper Grouse are appreciated, It is one of the best restaurants in Manchester. We know your time is valuable and cannot thank you enough for sharing your experience with us and the world. I will pass all theses wonderful comments on to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Manchester.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 23 March 2016

We spent a long weekend at the Taconic hotel. Kimpton recently took over the hotel and redid it. Like other Kimpton hotels, the restaurant is fantastic. I would say though that the restaurant here, the Copper Grouse, is the best casual hotel restaurant I've been to. We had dinner there twice (canceling a dinner reservation elsewhere in order to return). The staff throughout the hotel were all incredibly friendly and even scraped snow off our car during our stay. The room was great and the bathroom with the soaking tub really wonderful. Our only two complaints were that the hotel did not yet have in-room fireplaces up and running and that we would have liked a coffee maker in our room as there was not room service and the tea/coffee in the lobby disappeared around 10 each morning.

Room tip: Don't pay extra for a fireplace unless you confirm the fireplaces are working
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
John B, General Manager at Kimpton Taconic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Dear Guest,

We are so delighted you chose Taconic, a Kimpton hotel and our restaurant, The Copper Grouse, for your trip to Manchester. Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback about the food in our restaurant and the service our team provides. We all strive for excellence and it shows that it makes a difference.

I am sorry to hear that your experience was not 100%. I am not sure when you stayed with us but our guest room gas fireplaces and our lobby wood burning fireplace have been working for the past 30 days and counting. My apologies they were not available when you stayed with us. We also have in room coffee makers available to our guests, upon request, at no charge. Was this something you asked for and we said we could not provide? That would be disappointing.

Please reach out to me and let me know when you stayed so I can look in to this and personally apologize. You can reach me at 802-367-0147.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 21 March 2016

Piper the dog was the first to greet me, and I knew this was going to a wonderful weekend
My and wife and were excited to stay at this newly opened hotel, and it did not disappoint
I particularly enjoyed the common spaces: the library and the living room area with the a fire place.
We stayed in a king room and the bed was very comfortable and the room decor was understated with a sophisticated country motif
I am tall and I liked that the room safe was placed on a high shelf in the closet
Bathroom was a little small in keeping with the original footprint but the shower was large.I enjoy a really hot shower and the pressure and temperature were excellent
I liked that the internal staircase was carpeted and the walls freshly painted
The gym is a good size and the treadmills were in good condition
The staff was very friendly and helpful
Elizabeth showed us the newly constructed guest cottages which are an extension of the hotel
I also enjoyed speaking with Mia, the proprietor
We will be back. Hope to spend more time with Piper

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
John B, General Manager at Kimpton Taconic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2016

Dear Brett,

Thank you for choosing Taconic, a Kimpton Hotel for your weekend trip to Manchester, VT. We always enjoy receiving guest feedback and we appreciate the time you put in writing this. It makes me proud to hear that the team, especially Liz, made you feel special and welcomed. That is what we aim for everyday! It is a beautiful property and our team takes great care in making in shine.

Again thank you for the positive feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.