“One the best dining experience we have had so far!!”

Ravens Den Steakhouse and Taproom
Ranked #7 of 64 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$3 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Owned by an ACF "Vermont Chef-of-the-Year", serving quality food for a moderate price & open 7 nights a week! Patio seating available in warm weather. Choose from a lunch, bar or dinner menu in a casual atmosphere. We also carry a late night menu on Friday and Saturday and will gladly do take-out food anytime. STEAK, SEAFOOD, SALAD BAR, SPIRITS, SPORTS BAR...Raven's Den Steakhouse and Taproom has been met with overwhelmingly positive reviews. The restaurant is spacious and welcoming with its simple, clean rustic/industrial design. Some unique features are: an all-you-can-eat salad bar with seasonal local produce (included with your dinner entrée), craft cocktails, relaxing seating area in front of a large stone fireplace in the taproom, wines-on-tap, award-winning wine collection with one of the largest (& guaranteed fresh) wines-by-the-glass list. There is an attractive taproom (lodge-like) ambience offering craft cocktails, 11 beer taps & hard cider, 5 wine taps, plus 4 HD televisions to watch the game. We have a professional & friendly staff who look forward to serving you.
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We were visiting Vermont for my sons green mountain soccer tournament at Stratton mountain. We wanted to take a drive and see some of the cute surrounding towns. We came upon this Steakhouse restaurant Raven’s Den Steakhouse and taproom and took a chance. The outside and inside was modern but still had a rustic mountain feel. We were greeted right away by a very pleasant women and gentleman who took us in a tour of the restaurant. They have a very nice bar lounge area and a dinningroom area with tables and some beautiful high comfortable booths which were very large and spacious. They also had a patio dining area with a warm gas fire feature in the center.

I wanted to take my time to really really compliment our waiter Tom~ he was fabulous. I truly felt like I had know him for years!! He is the definition of a friendly Vermonter. He took his time explaining everything and gave us great suggestions on food and he was right on from the salad bar to the entrees and then the amazing deserts. He really made sure we were taken care of.

The food was so well prepared. The salad bar came with all the entrees even my sons kids meal!! The dressings were all homemade by their chief. They made great use of the local maple flavors of Vermont I loved that. My husband got the Filet mignon and was perfectly done this came with fingerling potatoes and 3 vegetables, gingered carrots which were fresh and outstanding, green beans and roasted cauliflower. I had the seafood special (the name escapes me) which had shrimp, scallops and and crabmeat over linguini in a rich cream sauce. It was very good. My son is such an extremely picky eater and he loved his grille chicken breast which came with mashed potatoes but they had no problem substituting those for French fries. He eat almost all of it (never happens)

The deserts, well I am not sure I can do them justice with my description but here goes. I had the donut desert it was not just a regular donut they are freshly made everyday from the little bakery right down the street (which Tom told us about and we visited it the next morning) they deglaze the donut in this decadent maple glaze and it’s topped with a homemade salted caramel ice cream with a homemade maple whipped cream with a caramel drizzle it was by far one of the best and unique deserts I have had!! It was very hard to keep my husband from eating it all :) he also got the maple Creme brûlée also an outstanding desert. This was such a great dinning experience and Tom was awesome and we hope to be back again. If you have a chance to visit this restaurant you should you won’t be disappointed.

Date of visit: June 2018
Nancy S, Owner at Ravens Den Steakhouse and Taproom, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Hello Jojoalex - Thank you for the detailed review of Raven's Den Steakhouse - everything is made by the chef - Edward St.onge, CEC - from fresh ingredients and we buy local when we can in the summer. We take a lot of pride in what we serve and with creating a warm ambience. Please come see us again soon - we are open 7 nights a week, plus on weekends for lunch. Your review means more to us than you know. ~ Nancy

Reviewed 2 June 2018

We came to Manchester. VT and was told that most dining places served between 5-8. My friends were staying at a hotel across from the Raven's Den that said it was open until 11:30. 6 of us showed up at 9:30 and received excellent service, salad bar, perfectly cooked steak and tons of food! A definite stop whenever we come to Manchester.

Date of visit: June 2018
Nancy S, Owner at Ravens Den Steakhouse and Taproom, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you Amy! Yes, we serve house-cooked (seasonal local) food later than most establishments around here. We serve until 9:00 Sunday- Thursday and on Friday and Saturdays we serve the main dinner menu until 10 and the bar menu after that. If someone is traveling, just give us a call to let us know you are coming and we can hold the kitchen open until you get there, if it's just a few minutes or you can order over the phone and we will have it ready when you get there. We are very flexible and customer focused. Can't wait for your next visit. Thanks again ~ Nancy

Reviewed 14 May 2018

It was a Monday night and not many places are open so we did a little bar crawl with the ones that were. We stopped here to have a couple beers and an appetizer. We got the nachos and it was more than filling enough for the two of us. They were terrific. We also bought a couple glasses with their logo because I like it.

Date of visit: April 2018
Nancy S, Owner at Ravens Den Steakhouse and Taproom, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Hi Jen. Thank you for buying our logo glassware and for coming to RD. We are open 7 nights a week, unless we close for maintenance. The cheesy chix nachos are very large and filling for sure. I hope you come back for the salad bar some night! You’ll love all the fresh, seasonally local veggies. Thanks for the review ~ Nancy

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

We really love this restaurant. The menu is extensive and the food is always excellent and fairly priced. This is one of the few restaurants left that has a salad bar and likely the only one in Manchester. The salad bar is fresh and top notch. The bar menu is also extensive, as is the excellent wine list. If you like experienced servers, Ravens Den will never disappoint. The servers are attentive and take their jobs seriously. We will continue to come back to this great establishment.

Date of visit: May 2018
Nancy S, Owner at Ravens Den Steakhouse and Taproom, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Thank you for the great feedback, Eric. I will be sure to share your comments with our attentive serving staff who play a critical role in making everyone's experience at Raven's Den go smoothly. We support VT farmers by serving local seasonal veggies on our salad bar, so they are crisp and fresh. We look forward to your next visit. ~ Nancy

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

We recently visited the Raven's Den with my 2.5 year-old son. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating to him. We all enjoyed the fantastic salad bar and generous entrees. Everything was fresh and delicious.

Date of visit: May 2018
Nancy S, Owner at Ravens Den Steakhouse and Taproom, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Hello LadyLawNYC! That is great feedback and I really appreciate you review. We are a family friendly place. Our patio is now open if you are back in the area. Thanks ~ Nancy