“Anniversary Dinner”

The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 62 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$30 - US$55
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Seminary Road
Description: The Restaurant features the Panther's renowned gourmet farm-to-table cuisine and offers a sophisticated dining experience that is among the highest rated in New England. The Patio Raw Bar is open seasonally offering Al Fresco dining for dinner in a less formal atmosphere. With views over the gardens and Mount Equinox, the Patio is a picturesque venue for a casual dinner. The Panther Pub is open for special events, private group dining and receptions and offers an intimate private dining or meeting experience.
Reviewed 25 July 2018

Had a wonderful dinner for our anniversary at the Reluctant Panther. The service was great. The ambiance of the place best in Manchester.

R P, General Manager at The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear douglashC5747VT,

Thank you for letting us celebrate your anniversary with you and an even bigger thanks for taking the time to share your remarks. It is so wonderful to hear you enjoyed the service and ambiance during your time with us.
On behalf of the entire Panther team, we do look forward to welcoming you back no matter the occasion!

All the best,

Reviewed 12 July 2018

I recently had the pleasure of a fine repast in the elegant diningroom at the Reluctant Panther in Manchester, VT. It was the last day of their spring menu and our party of three chose ale braised short ribs, grilled swordfish, and rabbit roulade with white asparagus. The rabbit was mine. It was oh so tender and delicious and the asparagus perfectly al dente. My company provided accolades on their entrees as well.
I don't usually eat the bread often provided at the beginning of a meal, as leaving room for the entree is a priority, but the sunflower seed rolls were sweet and addictive, served with a choice of olive oil and butter with a sprinkling of salt.
We shared the cheese board with three local cheese selections paired with honey hazelnuts, sour cherry compote, and port poached dates and an assortment of delicate mini crackers and lavash. A great appetizer!
A fun surprise was the presentation of an amuse bouche, not often offered at our local restaurants. It was a dainty and creative palate teaser from the chef.
Dessert is a must in my world and I whereas I was agonizing about a Lavender Meringue Pavlova (I love Pavlovas!) my husband and I decided to share a Belgian Chocolate Torte with hazelnut macaroons and salted caramel sauce, coupled with a cup of French press coffee with a hint of mocha..... Heaven!!! Oh, did I mention, we also had the trio of home made sorbets? Strawberry/rhubarb, apricot, and cherry. A meal doesn't get better than that!

R P, General Manager at The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dearest Astri,

It was such a pleasure having you all with us for a fine evening. I truly appreciate your thorough feedback to be shared with our team and fellow TripAdvisor users.

Chef Sigal and her team take care of all the details making breads, sorbets, and everything else in-house to provide our guests with the freshest ingredients possible. Chef and her team enjoy creating unique yet approachable selections that truly make the dining experience exciting. It is so wonderful to hear that you all were able to enjoy a broad selection and enjoy all the fine points along with way.

On behalf of the entire team, we do hope to welcome you back for the Summer dessert menu (well, the whole menu really but I could not agree more about dessert being a highlight!)

Until next time, wishing you a beautiful summer!

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Reluctant Panther's Chef Sigal Rocklin was named 2018 Chef of the Year by the Vermont Chamber of Commerce. The Chef, a graduate of the New England Culinary Institute, prefers using fresh produce (including from the inn's gardens) & local suppliers. The restaurant, located within the Reluctant Panther Inn, is a white tablecloth, soft background music type of place with impeccable service. Our dinners were wonderful! They were expensive but worth it for a special occasion. SPOILER ALERT - don't read the following if you'd preferred to be surprised during your dining experience. Our dinners included an amuse-bouche, edible flowers served in one appetizer, & complimentary homemade Mexican chocolate truffles at the end of our meal. The chef also wrote "Happy Anniversary" on our dessert plate! Recommended by this foodie!

Dear fba5,

On behalf of the entire team...we are blushing over here! Thank you for the kind words regarding your experience dining at the Reluctant Panther. It fills us with such pride to hear that all the details we strive to create shine through in moments like yours and beyond. As you said, our Chef takes great pride in creating unique selections, that can appeal to any palate, using the freshest ingredients available. As a multiple year Gold Barn Award recipient from the Vermont Fresh Network, all of our ingredients are selected from our property and nearby farmers and purveyors. You should see our bountiful blueberry bushes right now!

We do hope to welcome you back again, no matter the occasion.
Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Decided to venture out of the Equinox and walk next door the this lovely Inn and restaurant. The service was excellent. The room and decor upscale and comfortable. THe food was very good. Only downside was that the menu seemed a bit limited. But what we had was good.

Dear Douglas H,

We are so happy you ventured out into the Village to find us! It is always such a pleasure to celebrate the everyday or the BIG days so we thank you for letting us celebrate your anniversary with you. Executive Chef Sigal, Vermont's 2018 Chef of the Year, creates seasonal menus with the freshest ingredients available from local farmers and purveyors.

It is great to hear you enjoyed your overall experience- service, decor and selections. On behalf of our entire team, again, Happy Anniversary! We look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels bring you to the Manchester area.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

My wife and I stayed here on our recent trip to Vermont and were very pleased with the experience. First, the Inn is located in Manchester which was our favorite town of all the small towns we visited on this trip. (See my review of that). The Inn was lovely and met all of our needs with country-style luxury. The rooms were well-appointed and the staff was friendly and helpful. There were afternoon wine tastings with snacks in the bar area and the restaurant had locally sourced gourmet meals with a very good wine selection, especially by the glass. I was impressed that they had a couple of very nice Washington Wines on this menu including Airfield Estates, one of my favorite value wines from Columbia Valley. Our meal was good but not great, although the chef did provide some nice extras with the meal. We tried the East Coast oysters for an appetizer which were OK, but I guess we are spoiled by the oyster selection we have in Seattle. I ordered the veal chop medium rare, but it came out well done (confirmed by our server). He explained that it was prepared Sous Vide by the chef which I should help to allow for precise cooking of the meat, so I’m not sure what happened. I would expect better in a high-end restaurant. The breakfast was included with the room and was very good with choices of omelets, pancakes, Eggs Benedict, etc. They also had a wonderful daily newsletter that filled you in on weather, local attractions and upcoming events for the day. The Reluctant Panther Inn is not inexpensive; and I think that overall, you do get good value for your stay. I would certainly stay here again when visiting Manchester, but If I had another meal in their restaurant, I would inquire more about how the food is prepared before ordering.

R P, General Manager at The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear DrJohnTacoma,

It is so kind of you to share such thorough feedback with us on TripAdvisor. I am so happy you found our property, service and wine list to be wonderful. Our team takes great pride in the details including our newsletter, "The Northshire This Week," our afternoon gatherings, room accommodations, dining and beyond. It seems we may have fallen short of your expectations in our dining room but I do look forward to welcoming you back again; this time, truly showing you how passionate and talented our "Vermont Chef of the Year" and her team truly are!

Until next time, wishing you the best.
Marissa McCallum