“Lobster Mac and Cheese, oh my word!”
Review of YE OLDE TAVERN

YE OLDE TAVERN
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$19 - US$34
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Ye Olde Tavern is open daily... Cocktails start at 4:30pm and Dinner is from 5:00pm with last seating at 9:00pm. Reservations are always suggested. Our Tavern is handicapped accessible and attire is casual neat. Ye Olde Tavern has private rooms for meetings and special events, such as Brunch, Lunch, Dinner and Cocktails. We can serve up to 90 people in the entire circa 1790 Colonial Inn.The State of Vermont has recognized our circa 1790 Colonial Inn as a 'Green Restaurants'. Wine Spectator & Wine Enthusiast Magazine have recognized our Wine List as one of the best in the country. Minna & Michael Brandt- Proprietors Cassandra Bender- General Manager Cliff Cooper- Executive Chef Reservations are suggested.
Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

I visited Manchester in February 2016 and we went here for dinner. The food was really good and the service very friendly. We were very out of season so it was quiet, but that was fine. The lobster Mac and Cheese is delicious as are the little cranberry fritter things, little, fried, cranberry balls of deliciousness! Definitely worth a visit and the history of the place is interesting too, nice that they've kept original features. The crab stuffed mushrooms were my favourite thing.

1  Thank kirstylizz
TheTavernCrier, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2016

I appreciate all the kind words and dining with us. Our entire team take tremendous pride in every dish that comes out of our kitchen, so I'm really pleased you enjoyed the 'Mac & Cheese, cranberry fritter and stuffed mushrooms. Hope to see you again, the next time you come to the states. All the best, Michael

Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)

Reviewed 3 March 2016

I loved how old the building was and reading about the history. Very cool place to eat. We were told by locals to check out other spots and not to come here but I'm glad we did. It was very fun. Food was alright. I've had better. But not bad.

TheTavernCrier, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2016

Wow..this review is not a wonderful way to start off a Friday morning. I am not sure why a local would tell you not to dine with us, since we see so many locals each night and are always told that I asked a local where to eat and they always suggest us. Anyway, I wish I knew what you ate and how it could improve, since we take every guests experience as a learning tool. I thank you for dining with us and look forward to welcoming you back. Michael

Reviewed 2 March 2016

Wonderful 1700's tavern in the middle of town. Great atmosphere and outstanding food. Had the venison appy and would recommend it! Good drink selection and the prices were unbelievable for the quality of food presented.

TheTavernCrier, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2016

You just made my morning! Thank you very much for dining with us and the glowing remarks. I look forward to welcoming you back. Cheers! Michael

Reviewed 2 March 2016

We've dined here several times as the food is dependably very good and the atmosphere is quintessential Vermont. Warm and cozy with working fireplaces and lots of historical VT charm, it's the ideal place to warm up on a winter night. The pricing is very reasonable for the quality and quantity of food (dinner entrees come with salad, bread, starch and veggie).

"Dined here several times", thank you very much for this -- I'm delighted that you loved the food, service, price and historic atmosphere. I am looking forward to your next visit. Until then, cheers! Michael

Reviewed 1 March 2016

A beautiful restaurant with excellent food, wine and drinks....several rooms with fireplaces to dine by which adds to the beauty of the setting. Staff is very knowledgable about history of the building, as well as the menu items. Very nice wine selection, early bird specials as well as dail specials. If in Manchester you really should dine here.

TheTavernCrier, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2016

So glad you found everything to be awesome and that you left here feeling pampered and stuffed. If you ever happen to find yourself back in Vermont, do stop by again. Cheers! Michael