“Great meal as always”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Amy's creative approach to combining ingredients results in an intriguing and delicious menu. Enjoy a memorable fine dining experience while relaxing in our rustic cobblestone walled restaurant and greenhouse garden room. Our broad wine list and extensive selection of spirits will provide just the right accompaniment for your meal. And as a reward for eating all your veggies, you should treat yourself to a delicious homemade dessert. Afterwards, feel free to stop in at our spirited local tavern for an after dinner drink or a game of darts, with live music in the tavern on most Friday evenings.
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

We usually enjoy dinner here once a month. This last time however was our best meal here-maybe ever. My wife and I always share our meals. Going into it one thing for sure-one of us will order the turkey schnitzel. This time for apps we tried some of the specials. Amy’s chorizo and greens soup was perfect. The mushroom risotto with baby beets was full of flavor and well balanced. The entree I ordered (another special) sirloin tips and shrimp with glass noodles in a coconut curry broth was beyond delicious. The place was packed and each item we ordered was cooked to perfection. We finished with her famous creme brûlée. Local beers and locally sourced foods have always been a hallmark of the Perfect Wife and we appreciate her commitment to this. See you there!

1  Thank Geno B
ABCVT, Owner at The Perfect Wife, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Thank you, Geno, for the stellar review! We are having so much fun in the kitchen this season with all of the local produce. I am off to the kitchen to make Cauliflower Tabouli right now! See you soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped at the tavern last night. What a fantastic atmosphere! The food was fantastic and service wonderful! Do not miss if you are in the area!!

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I had my wedding rehearsal dinner (40 ppl) at the Perfect Wife, and it was a splendid evening. The private dining space is in the walk-out basement, and it is cozy and comfortable. Andrea, the events manager, was great to work with, helping me put together a family-style dinner and even coordinating menus and flowers for me. In the lead up to the wedding, I was super stressed about all kinds of things, but I did not feel like I had to worry one bit about the Perfect Wife.

On the day of, we had a few extra guests show up that didn’t RSVP. The waitstaff was surprised of course, but they were such champs about accommodating the extras and setting up new tables. The food was delicious and abundant (my favorite was the Howling Wolf Special). Tom, our manager on the day of, was super organized and enthusiastic, and all of the waitstaff that day helped make our evening simply perfect.

Afterwards, we moved our party upstairs to the bar, where other wedding guests joined us. It worked out perfectly, and I highly recommend The Perfect Wife to all you wedding-planning brides and grooms out there! Reasonably priced, unpretentious, and delicious.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

The Tavern at the Perfect Wife is a really fantastic restaurant and bar. We have been going there for years, and are always very impressed with the food , service and atmosphere. We particularly enjoy Friday nights when they have live music. The manager Tom, and whole service team are always welcoming and accomodating, and every dish we have ordered has been delicious !! Looking forward to going again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

We are a family of 14 here in Manchester for our annual family vacation
We made the reservation with Tom who was easy and a pleasure to deal with.
The menu was creative and all the food from appetizers to dessert was excellent
Our server was Sarah. She was efficient, very friendly which is not an easy feat when dealing with 14 people.
I highly recommend The Perfect Sife if you want a perfectly enjoyable evening.