“Best shrimp scampi”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Amy's creative approach to combining ingredients results in an intriguing and delicious menu. Enjoy a memorable fine dining experience while relaxing in our rustic cobblestone walled restaurant and greenhouse garden room. Our broad wine list and extensive selection of spirits will provide just the right accompaniment for your meal. And as a reward for eating all your veggies, you should treat yourself to a delicious homemade dessert. Afterwards, feel free to stop in at our spirited local tavern for an after dinner drink or a game of darts, with live music in the tavern on most Friday evenings.
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Best shrimp scampi on the planet! Really like the warm spinach salad with goat cheese fritter, too. Service is always great!

1  Thank mommak201

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Great place to hang out and have a cold one. Fun on weekend we were there. A live band and easy to get there.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

I live in town and always love going to The Perfect Wife and Other Woman Tavern! Sometimes i'm in the mood for the Downstairs Menu and sometimes I just want a burger, either way, I'm always happy! A very versatile menu with fantastic offerings, a little something for a variety of tastes and always great specials! It's hard to leave room for the killer home made desserts!!

ABCVT, Owner at The Perfect Wife, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Thank you so much for the shining review! We look forward to making you happy many more times. The dining room downstairs opens back up on Thursday, May 25th. See you there!

Reviewed 1 May 2017

I'm a regular at The Perfect Wife/Other Woman Tavern. The Bistro is one of my favorite sandwiches of all time -- but it's been ruined. The chicken breast was terrible -- chewy, barely unfrozen, inedible. Please return to your previous chicken provider and stop buying whatever it is your serving these days.

ABCVT, Owner at The Perfect Wife, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

I am sorry that you had a bad experience with the chicken. It is my intention to serve only the most delicious food here at The Wife. We have been using the same chicken breasts for the Bistro sandwich for years. As it is in all of the food industry, consistency is intended and preferred, but once in a while something comes through that is not perfect. I have been very happy with the chicken breasts that I have been using and must simply accept that one tough bird got through in the batch. This is the only complaint that I have had regarding the Bistro sandwich so I am hoping that this was a one time deal. I do hope that you understand and will come back for your favorite sandwich. We are going to be working on a new summer menu soon so there will be some exciting new menu items to try. We look forward to creating a delicious and perfect meal for you in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

Had been wanting to try this Restaurant/Tavern for quite some after hearing good things about it. Not wanting a full formal dinner the other night, we decided to try the Tavern. We were seated in a timely fashion. Unfortunately, it was at a table for 4 (1 on each end and 2 on one side, the other side abutted the stairs and faced a wall with windows to the parking lot). We tried to sit on each end of the table so as not to face the wall. We couldn't hear each other given the poor acoustics, so we sat side-by-side. We then waited 15 mins. looking at the red wall before our waitress came and asked for our drink order. It arrived in a respectable amount of time. After that we waited another 20 mins. before flagging down another waitress to alert ours that we were ready to order. We noticed local/regular customers that were called by name were seated in more favorable locations and received far better/quicker service than we did. I ordered crab cakes with a side of eggplant fries. The fries, while promising in taste were drown in sea salt making them inedible. The crab cakes were better, but not by much. My husband ordered their "Miracle Loaf." It was a miracle that he ate as much of it as he did. It was a meatloaf with no distinct flavor or seasoning. The gravy was its made it somewhat edible. Its consistency also missed the mark. The accompanying mashed potatoes were pedestrian, the carrots over-cooked. The broccoli was the only item on the plate with any flavor. Needless to say we did not order dessert. Not that we could have in a timely manner as again we had to call upon other wait staff to ask for our bill. Our waitress was cold, unsmiling and totally inattentive to our table. Maybe this was because we were facing a wall? This is one restaurant we will definitely not return to.

ABCVT, Owner at The Perfect Wife, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your meal here. I am going to spend some time working on managing the tavern to fix the service problems. I will also speak to my kitchen staff about the saltiness of the fries and make sure that recipes are followed. No excuses for anything that did not please you 100%. I pride myself on delicious food and exceptional customer service. Thank you for your feedback. It will not be ignored. Sincerely, Amy Chamberlain