“Best breakfast we had all week!”

Little Rooster Cafe
Ranked #9 of 64 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had breakfast here one morning during our week long trip to New England. The cafe is very cute with a large menu to choose from. Everything looked so good it was hard to decide! I had an omelette and my husband had apple cinnamon pancakes. The food was delicious and we wish we had a Little Rooster Cafe near where we live!!!

Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

Brilliant little cafe. Great food, incredible service. If it’s busy it’s worth the wait. Even vegetarians will be happy here!

Date of visit: October 2018
BestBlueberry, Owner at Little Rooster Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

What a nice review. Thank you! We certainly appreciate customers who express their observations about the restaurant and feelings about the food. Hope you will be able to make a return visit.

Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

We were turned away. We were stopping for coffees and were told to go elsewhere. We ended up having lunch at the place we went to. This place lost a $55 tab.

1  Thank Kktad

I am surprised. I find it totally unusual that anyone who works for the restaurant would turn you away. If it was just for coffee and they were extremely busy I could understand it. However you indicated that you just went in for coffee and that the restaurant you did go to charged you that much money, I would say that their restaurant was quite expensive. I’m sorry that your experience with it was so disappointing.

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

I was told by multiple folks I'd met on my journey through New England to head to the Little Rooster Cafe. It's delightful! I'd heard. Before I get too far, I'll clarify, the spinach salad wasn't the worst I'd ever had but the overall experience made it hard to just judge the food on it's own merit. I stopped in on a weekday mid morning, which was still busy. I'll start with this bit of knowledge, this is a cash only establishment. Now, normally, that wouldn't be an issue but traveling alone I carry very little cash, and leaving to find an ATM wasn't feasible, which leads me to my next point. This restaurant also has steps to get into the building, if you're in a wheelchair or have a stroller or walker, it's not easily navigable and when I asked if one of the staff could help me hold the door open, they acted as if they were put out by my request. I was almost ready to nix the whole idea because I was so frustrated but in the rain, and with no other options in close proximity and after I'd driven twenty miles. Well, my spinach salad and coffee were not worth all the hassle. I'm sure there are perfectly lovely menu options but I couldn't find any. And a smile from the staff wouldn't hurt.

Date of visit: October 2018
BestBlueberry, Owner at Little Rooster Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

I am sorry that you had a poor experience at The Little Rooster Cafe. We are known for the quality of our food. There is a variety of choices on the menu as well as 5 or 6 special choices on the menu board. The staff is cordial so I am surprised that you weren’t given the assistance that you needed. I hope that you will visit again and that your visit will be more satisfactory.

Reviewed 17 October 2018

Small place with big portions. Good to excellent breakfast choices although the omelettes could use a few more spices. Lunches are also good and the service outstanding.

Date of visit: September 2018