“Family Breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Great stop for breakfast, delicious pancakes, restaurant was very busy, seemed to be very popular with locals.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 8 July 2018

We were there for breakfast on Friday November 24, 2018 (day after Thanksgiving) and it was more than crowded and we waited for a table approx 15 minutes which was more than acceptable. First the waitress/servers were rude and condescending to say the least from the moment we sat down to leaving. We found the food and maple lattes ere good but not good enough to deal with bad attitudes. We do realize that place was packed but no excuses for bad service especially if you want return customers.

We needed to return the following week and thought we would give Up for Breakfast one more chance to see if what we had experienced was just due to the holiday crazies. The service folks were a bit nicer and non-abrasive but still you could see they did not want to be there or be bothered going that extra mile. Buttermilk Pancakes were good but not great and I can find better with less attitude elsewhere.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 7 July 2018

I have been breakfasting at different locales in Manchester, VT, for almost three decades, including dozens of visits to Up For Breakfast. I am compelled to write this review because today my son and I received the kind of treatment from the wait staff that I have witnessed entirely too often over those years. The food here is first-rate, and the best reason to come, no doubt. The servers, however, are brusque at best and outright rude quite often, especially on the weekends. I have found them to be quite congenial early on weekday mornings, when the place is quiet, but often when it's busy (or at times when visitors to the area are obviously most of the clientele), they bristle when simply being asked to do their job, like refilling coffee or water or providing a condiment, etc. Both my son and I eat breakfast out often, and we bend over backward to be polite and considerate in both the way we ask for things and how often we do. All too often, that doesn't seem to matter at Up For Breakfast, which had us leave today, as I expect people often do, with a very bad taste in our mouths, however delicious the food may have been.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Up for Breakfast is cleverly named as you have to walk upstairs to reach it. Staff is friendly, albeit direct as they are so busy. The food was top notch. They are around all the time to fill up coffee and drinks. I had the Hungry Hiker, everything was delicious. Get the blueberry on your pancakes.

One downside is it doesn't accept cards.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

A bit out of the way on the second floor but amazing breakfast dishes. Hash browns better than I’ve ever had. Order anything with the wild roasted turkey! We only had savory items but both great.

Date of visit: June 2018