Olympia Lodge
Econo Lodge(Manchester)
Palmer House(Manchester)
The Red Sled(Manchester)
View Hotel
All reviewstrish and salgolden retrieversmall barcooked to order breakfastpancakesfriendly ownershomey placecoffee and juicehomemade breakfastski tripold friendsother guestsliving roomonly stayed one nightlift ticketsfriendly place to staymanchester area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2018

We stayed one night at the Olympia and the accommodations were excellent. Our room was spacious, the breakfast was made to order and delicious. Most of all, the owners were extremely friendly, and easy going. A very pleasant stay.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 January 2018

The Olympia Lodge was a true find in every sense of the word. Backstory: my husband and I were on our way to northern Vermont to visit family for Thanksgiving. After having picked up our rental car (a story in and of itself) and fighting our way out of Manhattan through NYC/NJ rush hour traffic, we found ourselves meandering along route 7. It was 10:45 PM and freezing. I was too sleepy to finish the last 3+ hours of our drive. As we skirted around Manchester, nothing seemed opened. Our GPS wasn't working and I had all about given up hope of not sleeping in the car. We randomly turned off Rt 7 and saw the Olympia Lodge. It looked closed for the evening but having no options, we pulled into the parking lot. I called their number and Trish, one of the owners answered. When I asked if they were closed she said, "Yes I'm about to get in bed." When I explained that we were cold, tired, lost, sitting in her parking lot and could she please point me in the direction of any 1/2 way decent accommodation, she exclaimed, "I'll be right down!"

Check-in was a breeze. Trish showed us to our room--2 full-sized (maybe queen) beds, a small table with chairs and a door leading out to the porch. The room was basic but immaculate. The bed was comfortable and the hot water was plentiful. We got up early the next morning and to my surprise breakfast was included. We had somehow missed that in our bleary-eyed state. Trish's husband whipped up a delicious meal. The coffee was yummy and the conversation with Trish and her husband even better (turns out they are former NYers). For a tourist area at the start of a holiday weekend, the price of the room plus fabulous breakfast was very reasonable.

The Olympia Lodge itself is spacious with a huge sitting room, fireplace, and small bar. I imagine it gets crowded on ski weekends. Trish and her husband are very friendly and welcoming. This was, for us, a definite find.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed staying overnight at this cozy lodge on a cold rainy night-it's very comfortable and warm. It's a short drive to many delicious restaurants in Manchester Center. The hosts are friendly. We definitely plan on staying there for our next ski trip.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

This place is great. Laid back, friendly and inviting are the best words to describe the Olympia Lodge. We needed a place to stay for a list minute trip up to Vermont to ski Stratton. Actually staying AT Stratton can be pricey, especially for what you get. A quick drive a few extra minutes goes a long way. The Lodge has a fantastic fireplace in the front entrance room surrounded by couches. After having dinner in Manchester, we brought our drinks down and sat on the couches. We were joined by the innkeeper who is delightful to chat with and some other guests. It was a warm, inviting, laid back atmosphere. We also enjoyed the very comfortable king sized bed, and LOVED having breakfast served at 7:30 am so we could hit the slopes at 9 (a quick 20/25 minute drive to Stratton). This was definitely worth the stay and we will be back many times. So glad we found it!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 January 2018

The Olympia Lodge is a wonderful place to stay and you will feel like you are really in Vermont! Trish and Sal have it beautifully decorated and the fireplace commands the living room. Trish will help you with lift tickets for skiing and finding good places to eat. Sal will hook you up with a delicious hot breakfast. Harry is a beautiful golden retriever and my kids adored him! You will love it here.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family