The Stamford Motel & Restaurant
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$146
Hampton.com
Palmer House(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$84
Hotels.com
Manchester View(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$109
Kimpton Taconic Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$149
Hotels.com
Wilburton Inn(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$188
Olympia Lodge(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$127
Orbitz.com
The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$219
Travelocity
Casablanca Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$120
The INN at Willow Pond(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$221
Aspen at Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$91
Agoda.com
All reviewsnipper's caferoom was cleanon site restaurantfire pitboth breakfast and dinnerhorse showthe vermont summer festivalstratton mountainmanchester areadefinitely stay here againtwo night stayflat screen tvnew englandcoffee makervisiting manchesterhome away from homeglass of wine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 December 2017

This was my third year in a row staying at the Stamford Motel. I take an annual solo foliage trip with my camera for a few nights each October, and after staying at the Stamford three years ago, I return there for a night each year on my trip through Vermont. This motel has the feel of a bed and breakfast rather than a motel, which I love. The rooms are clean and good sized, and the beds are comfortable (which I need with my back issues). It is set just outside of downtown Manchester, and the views in the morning with the fog lifting off the mountains are gorgeous.
I usually have my dinner at Nippers Cafe, on the same property. I have had fish, beef, and chicken on separate occasions, and have been more than pleased with them all. Karen, the owner, is the server and bartender, and is wonderful. She is very personable, and keeps the family friendly atmosphere relaxed and pleasant.
I love staying at this motel, and highly recommend it. I will be returning next fall!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at The Stamford Motel this weekend to scatter my sister Barbara's ashes. I've been visiting Vermont since I'm a child and for the most part have always stayed at the Stamford. It's always been warm and cozy. When I was younger, Karen's parents owned it. My dad and Steve would always sit by the birch tree and talk. We used to bring their dog Kramer a doggie bag from Sirloin Saloon. So many wonderful memories from this beautiful state and The Stamford. Now Karen and her husband Adam own it. They've upgraded the rooms and bathrooms. Still warm and cozy but with their stamp on it. This weekend Karen sat out with us by their beautiful fire pit. We had an amazing breakfast at Nippers Cafe. Vermont and The Stamford will always be special to me and I thank the Geriak family for being a big part of that.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe0430
Reviewed 13 October 2017

The rooms were spacious and clean.We stayed in a dog friendly room.We were all quite comfortable.
The view of the mountains was spectacular and the fall colors were beautiful.
We enjoyed a large fire pit complete with comfortable chairs and a glass of wine in the evening.
The motel was ten minutes from main attractions. It also features a "Nippy's Cafe",restaurant that served delicious food along with friendly service right on the premises.How convenient!
The owners were personable, helpful,and sociable.
Loved,loved,loved this place.

Room Tip: corner room was a nice size
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank tabbssong
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

The Stamford is always cozy and comfortable. The rooms and bathrooms have been nicely redone. The grounds are well taken care of and the fire pit is awesome. Karen was nice enough to sit with us both nights after the restaurant closed. Breakfast at Nippers was wonderful as always. They have the best corned beef hash. As always we enjoyed our stay and look forward to staying there again soon.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Only book here if you and your family are healthy and you know you can go. We so wanted to stay here but due to a serious family emergency we are not going to be able to to go. Karen told us have to pay anyway! One can't predict illness or death...hurtful and unfair to be charged for it.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple