All reviews nippers cafe room was clean both breakfast and dinner on site restaurant horse show fire pit the vermont summer festival stratton mountain plenty of hot water new england flat screen tv manchester center coffee maker glass of wine close to town karen stratford
Reviewed 13 October 2017

The rooms were spacious and clean.We stayed in a dog friendly room.We were all quite comfortable.
The view of the mountains was spectacular and the fall colors were beautiful.
We enjoyed a large fire pit complete with comfortable chairs and a glass of wine in the evening.
The motel was ten minutes from main attractions. It also features a "Nippy's Cafe",restaurant that served delicious food along with friendly service right on the premises.How convenient!
The owners were personable, helpful,and sociable.
Loved,loved,loved this place.

Room Tip: corner room was a nice size
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank tabbssong
Karen G, Owner at The Stamford Motel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

You lucked out with the colors one never knows when the peak of foliage might be or if a storm gets rid of all of the leaves. Thrilled you had a great weekend.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

The Stamford is always cozy and comfortable. The rooms and bathrooms have been nicely redone. The grounds are well taken care of and the fire pit is awesome. Karen was nice enough to sit with us both nights after the restaurant closed. Breakfast at Nippers was wonderful as always. They have the best corned beef hash. As always we enjoyed our stay and look forward to staying there again soon.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

How did I miss this. It was a great weekend for you guys!!!! So nice that you stayed with us once again. Thanks for the kind words.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Only book here if you and your family are healthy and you know you can go. We so wanted to stay here but due to a serious family emergency we are not going to be able to to go. Karen told us have to pay anyway! One can't predict illness or death...hurtful and unfair to be charged for it.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Susan S

Karen G, Owner at The Stamford Motel & Restaurant, responded to this review, Oct 6, 2017
You were made well aware of our policy over the phone and the policy is stated on our website. I remember speaking with you and you were a bit nervous about making the reservation because of an illness in the family. I told you only to make the reservation if you felt comfortable with the cancellation policy. Unfortunately in life stuff happens. As per our policy I would have been willing to credit you money if the room was booked. Unfortunately I only have 12 rooms and I can't be out because of the circumstances in your life, wether it is an actual death or you choose not to come because it is going to rain.

You initially called and stated that a death had occurred. I told you I was in the middle of waitressing breakfast but as our policy is that you would be responsible for the room. You got nasty and I mean nasty and told me that if "I charged you" that you would write a bad review to get back at me. You later sent an e-mail. I responded and told you I was willing to meet you half way but didn't appreciate being bullied or threatened. If you choose not to write a review I would charge you 1/2 figuring I was compromising for your situation and you would be thrilled to meet in the middle. Unfortunately for yourself you choose to take another path.

"Hi Karen, I do appreciate you taking the time to respond to me. I take offense to being called names. I am a retired educator, wife, mum and grandmother to five. I don't lie, bully or threaten anyone. I simply wrote a review. I certainly didn't say anything nasty and I never would write anything nasty in any forum. In the future maybe sending a confirmation {which I did ask for and did not receive} with your policy attached might be helpful. Wishing you and your business the best. Do what you feel is right. Sue Sczerba"

Yes, in the end I unfortunately had to charge you the 2 nights as our cancellation policy states because you were unwilling to compromise and anyone who threatens someone is a bully.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We only stayed for 1 night but were extremely happy with the room. The bed was massive & the room very clean. We also went for dinner in the on site restaurant which was very good. It's a great location & very close to explore around the local areas. Would defiantly recommend to others : )

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Karen G, Owner at The Stamford Motel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

I love it when people realize that the location is good it always surprises me when they say it isn't a great location. I think it really depends on what they are doing.

Glad you had a nice stay and were able to join us in the restaurant.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

clean rooms, newly remodeled bathrooms
We've stayed several times and always enjoy the accommodations-close to shopping and restaurants
Owners are very nice
There is a Fire Pit for night time gatherings
We enjoy sitting out and meeting other lodgers
Nippers café is open for breakfast and dinner

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

We strive to provide clean rooms. Happy the motel was close enough to town for you.. Thanks for staying with us.