“AMAZING”

Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2017

The Silver Fork is one of the BEST restaurants anywhere..You can't go wrong with any selection. Lobster Risotto appetizer is incredible. Best Tostones you will ever have. I love the Wienerschnitzel and The Tenderloin. We are there every July for 5 weeks and make our reservations WAY in advance. I refuse to miss out on that meal. We go three times a week during those 5 weeks. We are normally there for The Vermont Summer Festival Horse Shows. I will miss The Silver Fork, since I will no longer be attending the Horseshow, along with so many other exhibitors. I will however make a point to go to Manchester during my rest week, solely for the Silver Fork.

2  Thank Jimmy T

Reviewed 18 August 2017

This is a small cozy restaurant run by the chef and his wife in Manchester, Vermont. Reservations are necessary since there are only a very few tables and places at the bar. It is handsomely decorated. The small wait staff is friendly,efficient and professional. The menu and specials are exceptional and creative. The Chef changes the menu according to his whim and what inspires him at the moment. Ingredients are sourced locally and farm fresh.

Our appetizers were, for me, a great warm goat cheese soufflé served with a fig jam and Melba Toast. My dining companion had a pulled, slow roasted brisket witht homemaded spazel. For entrees, my companion had a delicious lobster pot pie. On the menu was a "Maryland Crab Cake. Being originally from Baltimore I was extremely leary. Outside of Baltimore I have NEVER had even a decent, so called Maryland Crab Cake. Therefore, I enquirered what the Chef's bonifides were to make a true Maryland Crab Cake. Our server told me that Mark, the Chef and owner, had spent many years in Baltimore restaurants and knew how to make a real Baltimore crab cake. Therefore, I decided to chance it. I was very pleasantly surprised. It was delicious, full of lump crab meat with practically no filling. It was served with an excellent homemade tarter sauce and great shoestring fries.

Although we were full, looking at the house desserts we decided to go for the strawberry shortcake, a crunchy Cake with lots is strawberries, fresh whipped cream and a big scoop of ice cream. We also had the swan coupe, a pastry swan, homemade ice cream and delicious chocolate sauce.

This was our first time here but certainly not the last. If you plan to eat here, be sure to make a reservation well in advance since the place is small and the word is out how very good the food and service is here.

1  Thank ronco0807
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

One of the best restaurants we have ever dined at!
Food is amazing-5 star! What makes this restaurant unique is the extremely friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
Melody and her husband Mark (who is the fabulous chef) are so very gracious.
We shared a Caprese salad (tomatos tasted like they were just plucked from the soil). We both had the Wiener Schnitzel (melt in your mouth delicious and huge). It was served with warm German potato salad (yummy!). Bread pudding with coconut and banana sauce is to die for. (needs to be ordered at beginning of meal). Hubby had an expresso that he said was the best expresso he had ever had! We each had Chardonnay, which was excellent.
Only six tables so make res way in advance.
This was our first visit to Manchester and will definitely return just to dine at the Silver Spoon.
Just wonderful from start to finish! Do not miss this unique dining experience!

1  Thank Joyce1228
Reviewed 14 August 2017

This has to be one of the best restaurants in Vermont! Every time we go there, we find another reason to love this place.

I can't even remember the dishes we had -- but I remember the drinks were fantastic!

The best part was I forgot my reading glasses before arriving, and when I mentioned it, out came a tray of readers in a number of different magnifications.

Every time we are here, we'll go to this restaurant!

1  Thank Walter C
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is a special little gem. It is very small so plan ahead. It is this "smallless" that makes it try chatming. It is like dining in a secret dinner garden. The chef is so talented and the service is great. My fish was prepared expertly. Really enjoyable. A very special experience for a special occasion.

1  Thank Leslie A