“More than your average greasy spoon”
Review of Bob's Diner

Bob's Diner
Ranked #17 of 62 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I am in love with this diner. Classic diner facade and interior with counter seating. The menu is big, but not cluttered. Ingredients are fresh, and so is the coffee! I had breakfast two mornings in a row. The weekends are packed, and understandably we had to wait about fifteen minutes for a table. Not bad! When we came back Monday morning, we were seated right away. Food comes out quickly, so the tables turn quickly as well, so you probably won't have too long of a wait for a table when it is packed! Lovely fluffy berry pancakes, loaded with berries (blueberry, raspberry and strawberries)! Corned beef hash with real pulled corned beef. Norwegian eggs, perfectly poached, served with smoked salmon and hollandaise sauce on English muffins. The hollandaise sauce was thicker than I am used to, and had a tartness that was unexpected but quite tasty (sour cream?)! Though my mom and I only had breakfast food, I did see a tray of generous looking shakes and a root beer float loaded with scoops of vanilla ice cream. Bob's also has a small offering of beers on tap (notably Fiddlehead IPA and Citizen cider). This diner seems to be what Vermont restaurants should be about. Using quality ingredients and making delicious food to get you through those chilly New England days. See you when I am back in Manchester, Bob's Diner! You're a gem.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped on a whim for lunch and was glad we did.
Best homemade soup.
Totally blew me over with the "SMOKEY BURGER".
FRIES WERE PERFECT.
STOPPING IN EVERYTIME WE'RE PASSIN'BY.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I came with a group of six friends on a Saturday morning and there was a little bit of a wait but it was well worth it. They have standard diner food and it was fantastic. It was busy so the service was a little bit slow but the wait staff was very friendly, the prices were very fair, and the food was great.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We stopped in here for lunch on a whim - good choice! I had a wonderful Reuben and my wife had the California Club and a delicious bowl of French Onion soup. Inexpensive, good portions and they will vary the menu to suit your tastes or hunger.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

love the old style of the diner. Food was great. Large portions. Friendly service. No wait on busy weekend