“Wonderful Ambience; Appreciate Home Even More”
Review of Gringo Jack's

Gringo Jack's
Ranked #20 of 64 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Saturday evening about 7:00 PM looked at reviews and went to Gringo's based upon reviews and available seating. Intimate Mexican motif with nice staff. The major disappointment was the chips and salsa to start. The chips were to be a mixed bowl of corn and flour fried chips. The chips reminded me of Chinese restaurant chips. The salsa looked like jar variety. Not a great first impression. The menu prices were higher than what I am accustomed to from my favorite Tex-Mex BBQ in Manville, NJ. The black bean soup was not hot and made me think the soup was not in a big pot made on the premises. It was tasty enough. Ordered two salads and other than the hot house tomatoes, the salads were excellent and very good value. Ate lunch earlier in the day at Equinox and found Gringo's salad to be superior in terms of taste, size, price, and value. Noticed the guacamole and thought it looked good so added that to our order. At this time, we discovered that the supply of corn chips at Gringo's was depleted. : ( I requested corn tortillas as a substitute but alas the tortillas were flour. : (
I was impressed by the young lady's attempts and her attention. The chip debacle prevented the experience from being outstanding. Other than the prices, which I thought were a bit much for items I did not order, I feel that Gringo's on a night with corn chips and hot soup would not disappoint.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 23 October 2018

We just could two very simple meals but they were both extremely good. My wife’s Mexican Cobb salad was large, super fresh and loaded with tomatoes, avocado, eggs, and bacon. It was top with bleu cheese and homemade cilantro ranch dressing. I got the Cowboy burger (with Mayo instead of BBQ sauce) but honestly, it was one of the best hamburgers I’ve had in a long long time. Thick and juicy cook perfect with plenty of Cabot’s cheddar, guacamole, and bacon. I got the house salad for my side and it was excellent too with the homemade cilantro ranch dressing. Highly recommend...

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Stopped into Gringo Jack's during a day of leaf peeping. They have a kid's menu so that always helps us to decide where to go. It wasn't busy at 2 pm but Manchester itself was pretty quiet for a fall day. The child got a cheese quesadilla which is a go to. He even ate the fries which he has been refusing ever since I told him there were mashed potatoes inside. (He is super picky). He also ate the chips which he never does and proclaimed them delicious. Husband got a quesadilla special that had apple in it and it was gone before I had a chance to ask if it was good. I ordered shrimp/chicken combo fajitas so I can eat the filling and be low carb. I have no idea why restaurants leave shrimp tails on in hot dishes. But they do here and I had to work my way around the tails to get the veggies for the rest of the meal. Chicken was a little well done on the ends. The guac was delicious as was the pico. We will be back....the child told me he can't wait!

Reviewed 21 October 2018

if you are looking for a wonderful meal look no further than Gringo Jack , you can come with your family or friends and enjoy an delicious meal and I definitely reccomend the baby back ribs

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 19 October 2018

stopped in on a Friday afternoon to watch the playoff baseball game and grab some apps. They were very accommodating, changing the tv station to the game. the waitress was excellent. fabulous guacamole and chips. they constantly refilled the chips and salsa dishes, and had a good selection of craft beers. was too early in the day to try a margarita. We spent the entire game there, and had s great time. Gringo Jack was there enjoying lunch, also. a friendly staff and nice atmosphere. would love to go back for Mexican food. we had dinner reservations elsewhere, so we did not order much food, as reservations were for an early dinner.