Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$151
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

Aspen at Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$120
Econo Lodge(Manchester)
US$103
EconoLodge
Four Winds Country Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$109
Manchester View(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$154
Hotels.com
Brittany Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$116
The Chalet Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$108
The Inn at Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$171
1,491 results
All reviewsmarsh tavernchop housefire pitfalcon barfalconry schoolspg pointsindoor poolhistoric hotelmain buildingcider donutsconcierge deskbeautiful resorthot tubnew englandresort feelocker roomhiking trails
Reviewed 25 January 2016

This is a family oriented resort hotel. We actually had to check our compass to make sure we hadn't been transported to DisneyWorld. There are kids EVERYWHERE. The historic hotel has thin walls and long hallways conducive for kids running up and down at all hours of the day and night. Also, being near ski mountains the morning begins early and the constant slamming of doors and jostling of kids and equipment started at 6:30am. Now I have nothing against kids, but with the hefty pricetag we were expecting a nice relaxing weekend where we could sleep in and dine in peace. We got neither. Even in the high end Chop House we were surrounded by high chairs, sippy cups, and kids eating in their pajamas. Our room was clean but basic, hidden behind the nice decorations. Same size as a standard hotel room, no closet (only an armoire) no coffee, one suitcase rack, etc. We made the best of it, but we were disappointed as we walked away with our very large bill.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tallgirl1
Roger_Aberth, General Manager at The Equinox, A Luxury Collection Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We can entirely understand your disappointment, and we share your sadness regarding our inability to provide the perfect romantic getaway you deserved. While it is true that we do have times when there are more families and children at our resort, we wish we had been able to move you to a quieter part of our historic building so you could have had a more relaxing experience. Please know for the future that we’re always willing to make changes like this to your accommodations whenever possible as soon as we’re alerted of the issue. It is so disheartening that we failed to deliver on your most recent stay with us, and we really hope you’ll give us another chance to make it up to you in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

Shoe-shine dial zero....really? I'm pretty speechless with my stay, all I can say is that you've impressed me with the level of mature customer service and attention to detail.

As a concierge at another Vermont hotel, this hotel has much to imitate and it has been a pleasure to stay at this fine establishment.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank E3512VAchristiand
Reviewed 19 January 2016

I think many of you are already shaking your head, Yes, finally someone else sees it too. Unfortunately the demise of parenting happened again at a property you would not expect it to occur. What type of parent does not know that their children are unattended and running all over the property until 11:00 pm or later? What type of parent doesn't know their children are wrestling on the floor, chasing each other and interrupting guests by the fireplace. What type of parents let children leave their care that are from 6 to 13-14 years old? What type of parents let that same age group police themselves at the pool, screaming, running, hollering and being a pain in the "pool" to everyone else? What type of parents lets a 12-13 year old continually kick a door in the pool until it finally gives in and opens and then can't be closed? This child was told to stop, ignored it and continued. What type of parents in the room with their children were asked, then warned by security that the noise the children were making was bothering many guest rooms near them? Yet they continued for three hours! Also unfortunately this property was the recipient of such behavior, the victim so to speak, along with all the guests that experienced these packs of terribly disrespectful children with no manners at all. Where are these parents? At the bar, the pool. dining room or even off property? They don't actually need to know what their children are doing, only that they have allowed them to go anywhere unattended and unsupervised. On purpose. Out of sight. Don't they know children drown? Don't they know children are kidnapped? Don't they know children are abused physically? Don't they know children disappear and roam off? And don't they know that enough of us have had it with their children and some may be as polite as me?
These are bad, bad, bad kids and worse they have terrible, terrible, terrible parents. They must feel they are privileged and because they pay a lot of money the resort should look out for their children. I seem them at the bars, in the restaurants, hanging out at the fireplaces and outside at the fire pit. I know because over the course of three days you can catch them in the halls, at breakfast and at dinner until they give them the "see you later" release. They are mostly middle age mid 30's to late 40's. Oh what horror they will reap as these wild ones grow up to full teen years.
This problem exists and is growing. It is in Cape Cod, Puerto Rico, New York, Florida, all over the Caribbean etc. I will start policing your children for you as you leave them to disrupt me and my vacation time while you enjoy yours. Expect me to walk up to you and embarrass you with your child as you have left them with me. Expect to have to go to security and pick up your children and worst of all, expect something to happen to your children and you may not know for hours!
And ending with my one bad word, dumb what Red used to say on that 70's Show.

Aaaaaaah. Feel better now. it is really important to remember the Resort is in no way responsible. They are a victim as well. This resort in particular does everything possible to make every guest welcome, comfortable and provide the best experience all day every day! When I reported these problem the resort personnel responded immediately. They did everything possible to prevent this kind of interruption. They visited rooms, they patrolled hallways, they caught and returned kids to parents.
Most of all, to me and my family, they provided amenities that were way overboard. Certainly not necessary or grandiose as they were. We have been staying at the Equinox for years. They have never let us down. I don't know what you call the place that comes before first place but that is the service you can expect here.
The resolution they provided started with Joshua and Ian that immediately started tracking down the kids and noise from above. They did not ignore the complaint and constantly kept in touch with me until it was under control. The next day I was contacted by Mr. Peter Engard, the Director of Operations. he set in motion several options that really made a difference. We were showered with "we are so sorry" and scrumptious amenities. We now cannot thank the following people enough. They provided service beyond reproach. In the Marsh Tavern, thank you Bob the bartender, Thomas the terrific and Kim from Georgia. In the Princess Dining Room ( you have to rename it because my grandaughter calls it that!) Thank you to Dorenna and Sandra. Thank you to the two fantastic wait staff that served us. You can't beat Ed and Richard at the concierge desk.. Thank you to the incredible engineer that brings one log to the fireplace that burns for 27 -29 minutes to again be replaced and for fixing my tv! And, a big thank you to the whole crew for the valet service and luggage lugging.
This is a must stay resort. Please.
Sincerely, EHC

Room Tip: Ask for a stay in the Inn proper.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank EdwardEagle
Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

On a recent trip to Grandma's house we arrived to find a broken furnace and vacationing grandparents. Needless to say we couldn't stay in the house so we made a frantic call to find a hotel room. The staff here was incredible! They went out of their way to find us a room and take care of all of our needs. My son was so spoiled that he doesn't want to stay at Grandma's house anymore when we visit. The buffet breakfast was really a big hit and the variety of foods was amazing. We did not have time for the spa services but my son did enjoy the pool. It was a big hit all around as I always wanted to stay here. I remember when they first redid the hotel and brought it back from an abandoned wreck. Now I have checked an item off my bucket list and my son has wonderful memories from a fabulous weekend!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank teensandtoddlers
Reviewed 13 January 2016

Went up here on an impromptu weekend last summer because we wanted to get up to Vermont and had some SPG points to burn. The SPG rates, especially cash & points, are probably some of the best value redemptions I've seen anywhere in the world.

The property matches the value- it is stunning without being too pretentious. Relaxing on the deck made this place feel like a high end beach resort for those who would rather be in the mountains. There is an abundance of hiking within a short drive, but also the trails in the Equinox Preserve right off the property are excellent.

I'd love to return here in winter, but it is an excellent place to visit in summer.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brandon C
Theresa B, Public Relations Manager at The Equinox, A Luxury Collection Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2016

Thank you for letting us know about your wonderful experience! We couldn't be happier to know that you enjoyed your weekend getaway with us, and we agree that we offer such a memorable experience regardless of the season! We truly appreciate you taking a moment to share your praises, and we can't wait for our next chance to host you again for another flawless Vermont escape.