“Try the banana nut bread french toast!”
Review of Back Country Cafe

Back Country Cafe
Ranked #13 of 48 Restaurants in Killington
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

My son and I went here before he ran the Spartan Beast. I ordered the banana nut bread French toast. It was amazing! The server was attentive even though he was busy. The coffee was pretty good too. Prices are a little much for breakfast though.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Only great things to say, even on the busiest winter days we will wait to sit and eat here. Omelets are delicious along with the potatoes and French toast. There are times when it takes a little bit longer, but that is expected on a peak weekend day. I highly recommend but make sure you allow time for a wait!!

Reviewed 25 July 2016

Decided to stop here before our long trip home. We were seated quickly. I found the tables to be squeezed in too much. If our table was full, then no one would have been able to make it through to the table squeezed in behind us. We were offered coffee right away, but then it took 15-20 minutes for someone to take our order. It appears to have been a mix up, which they apologized for. Food was mixed. My wife loved her homemade french toast, but I had corned beef hash & eggs that were average at best. Eggs were small and the corned beef was a little over cooked. Prices were a little high for the quality of breakfast. I think I'd go back to give them another shot, but wouldn't expect much better.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

We stumbled upon Back Country on a ride to see Killington Ski Area and found it to be a gem! Great food including creative items like a maple sausage stuffed waffle! The food was wonderfully prepared and the server was outstanding and attentive to our needs. We had no wait and really though it was the highlight of a great day with many things that we enjoyed. I would highly recommend it for breakfast any time you are in the area.

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

If you're near Killington, VT and you don't stop at the Back Country Cafe, you're crazier than I thought! This is one of my all time favorite breakfasts---a popover stuffed with savory scrambled eggs. My husband had the Mexican scramble and said it was just as good. Definitely worthy of a repeat visit.