“Skip the Sushi, get the Yoshi.”

Sushi Yoshi Chinese Gourmet Hibachi Steakhouse
Ranked #14 of 48 Restaurants in Killington
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Being a local, and a lover of sushi, Tokyo House in Rutland is our go-to sushi joint. But their menu is limited for other foods. A group of couples were heading out for dinner, most of which are not sushi fans, so we opted for the hibachi tables at Sushi Yoshi. The chef was awesome and entertaining. The filet was tender, scallops and shrimp awesome, veggies rice and noodles cooked perfectly.

The sushi on the other hand, just doesn't taste fresh. It was strong and fishy, with a very distinct pungent odor which usually means old, in my opinion as someone who's eaten sushi all over the place. The presentation was lacking and it had a look of being rushed and thrown together. Far too much "special sauce" was gooped over the rolls as well, overpowering the fish, the masago and tobiko, veggies and rice, which I suppose was the point if the fish is too strong.

Back to the hibachi - this place caters to out of staters who don't think twice about paying $32 for ten thin slices of beef mixed with $4 of veggies and rice. I suppose you're paying for the atmosphere and entertainment, not the food. Very tasty, but Very overpriced.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

First time going here. We all had great food and prices were reasonable. Six of us went. Excellent chicken pad Thai and general tso's chicken. Sushi rolls good too

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I was eager to try sushi on the hill. As a regular traveler I love trying sushi where ever I go. I was on a mini trip down from Canada to check out the ski hill for future winter trips.

The sushi was very expensive and the rolls were very small. I do not mind paying for high quality sushi but this was crazy. I was tempted to as the waitress if i mistakenly ordered from the kids menu.

I was amazed at how small the rolls were. When i am charged a premium for a roll I would expect it to be more that what i received.

I ordered two regular rolls and one "Chef Special Creation" roll. When paying $15.95, I am expecting a "premium" roll. They were tiny.

I was next to a hibachi table and they seemed to be having a good time. So stick with the hibachi and do not expect good value for your $$$ with sushi rolls.

1  Thank Ozwald K
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Sushi Yoshi Chinese Gourmet Hibachi Steakhouse offers both Hibachi dining, with a fabulous show and demonstration by the Chef, or tabled dining with the traditional sushi and Chinese fare. There were a number of people at the hibachi tables thoroughly enjoying themselves and the chef. We decided to order the sushi, which was nicely prepared and displayed, but for the price was lacking in quantity. You will not have to worry about taking home the leftovers.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Sushi Yoshi has always been a classic in Killington in the winter but they are now open in the summer. Went in there this past weekend with lots of people and they made it happen. Food was great! Service was really good and drinks came out fast. Hibachi was really entertaining and they had many other Asian specialty's like Pad Thai and Generals chicken. Come of my friends ordered sushi. Pretty much something for everyone!