All reviewstrundle bedrams headshuttleslopesskiproximity
Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

Don't bring anyone you are trying to impress. Very tired furnishings. Beds & linens are adequate at best. Free breakfast is filling although not very appetizing., complete with bagged scrambled eggs. I didn't like the coffee although many of the people I was with did. That's the negatives.

Bar area is cozy. Prices are reasonable. Wings are excellent. Entire facility staff is friendly. Location is awesome for Ramshead or K1 Lodges. Pool and spa area are clean and nicely maintained. Rooms are clean although tired and worn. Some might call it rustic, I call it late 1980's at best. Housekeepers did not clean, vacuum or empty trash during our stay - basically got fresh towels and beds made. I'm sure they would have cleaned if I asked, but you should not have to. Heat is difficult to regulate. Some friends had no hot water, I didn't have a problem.

The place is OK. In my case the group I was with made it fun. If I was looking for a place for just me and my wife, this would not be it.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Christopher L
Reviewed 16 October 2016

Decide to take a spur of the moment fall road trip thru Vermont. The hotel selection was close to none-except the Cascades Lodge in Killington. This isn't my preferred type of hotel but it was either,not take the trip or stay at Cascades. So we booked the hotel. It was easy to find and you could see the ski slopes from the front of the hotel. The property is as other reviewers have reported old and tired but it was super clean. The women at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was abundant.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2016

The manager, Pia, was terribly rude to all of us. She welcomed us by screaming at us and was very condescending during the check in. They advertise as a "pet friendly hotel" but expected our dog to be placed in a bag in or room during the day when we were not there. Who says something like that? The toilet barely worked and when we asked about it, they gave us a plunger and told us to fix it ourselves. The location was great, but thats about it.

Stayed: February 2016
3  Thank Josefine B
Reviewed 24 January 2016

While older, this hotel is a more affordable option during periods of high demand at Killington. The weather was very windy and freezing and they had trouble with the heating, but the innkeeper and staff are very attentive. The rooms are very clean and neatly managed. The pool area was outstanding with crystal clear water.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2015 via mobile

Close to skiing and close to restaurants. Hotel is well kept but old; thin walls, plumbing problems. Staff was nice. They offer breakfast which was well done.

If you are researching a trip to Killington - stay at the Grand. Central reservations steered me wrong and my expectations were not met hotel wise.

Hotel had no impact on our trip however -- great couple days skiing, hot tub at the end of the day, and fun restaurants at night.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family