All reviews black dog sports main building pro shop room condo health club hot tub and steam room ski lockers the free shuttle service ski rack bit dated killington ski indoor pool units amenities firewood sno homeaway
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Garage has way to low of a ceiling that actually broke our ski rack. Property is in need of updating. Great location and amenities and good restaurant & Bar in the property. The kitchen was not stocked very well and the lighting was not great. Pillows were very hard and the carpets smell a bit of mildew.

We had a good time and the condo style living/hotel services and location made it over all a descent stay

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
MtGreenCondoBOD, Guest Relations Manager at Mountain Green Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thanks for your feedback! We regret that your ski rack was damaged in the garage; however, there is a large, highly-visible hanging yellow metal sign “Caution Lower Ceiling 6’2” Clearance” which you drove by to enter the garage. While SUVs do fit in the garage, it should be noted that ski racks vary in size and every driver with a roof rack on the car needs to be aware that his/her car may not fit in this clearance and take reasonable precautions. There are plenty of parking spaces available in the outdoor lot. Regarding your comments about the unit you stayed in - would you please let us know the Building and Unit number so that we can follow up here?

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Our group had reserved a ski/board and stay weekend through Sno Search Ski and Snowboard Tours. The Sno Search booking agent was very professional and the pricing structure was VERY competitive. We arrived at Mountain Green and were greeted at the front desk by friendly receptionist who took a credit card imprint for security deposit and issued our room keys. We had been traveling for most of the evening and inquired about getting something to eat. Unfortunately the restaurant/bar located within the main building was already closed for the evening as this would have been the most convenient place to get a bite to eat. The receptionist was very helpful in recommending some other places that might still be serving food at that hour. We were very pleased when we got to our room and discovered how roomy the unit was. The previous renters had left some firewood and within minutes we had a cozy fire going. The bedding was very comfortable and the kitchen had everything we needed to meet our needs. Our balcony offered a great scenic view. We absolutely love the proximity to the mountain and the free shuttle service was very handy in getting us to/from Snow Shed Base Lodge. Some of our participants took advantage of the pro shop (Black Dog Sports) located within the main building. Some rented equipment or demo'd the latest performance gear while others treated their existing gear to "world class tuning" for the current conditions. One of our participants even purchased a "gently used" pair of demos for half the price of purchasing new ones from anywhere else, what a bargain. The health club staff was friendly and the facilities were clean and inviting. We did not visit the market/store but it was nice to know if we forgot anything we could grab it right from there and not have to travel out. We will most certainly be back again, and again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank CHRIS H
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

This resort has such great potential and is situated so close to Killington Base. Shuttle service is good and frequent. Now the bad news!! Our condo was in terrible shape and not clean. It is so outdated and it looks like the owners really don't care about the place. The kitchen sink and dishwasher are barely functioning. The cleaning service is terrible. The dishwasher was not cleaned out from the previous guests. The sinks in the bathroom was clogged. The sheets on the beds feel like the sheets they use in hospitals. I read some of the other reviews and see that there is a condo association. We own in a condo in a hotel and the association sets standard for owners that want to be in the rental programs. My suggestion that the association sets some standards and upgrades the cleaning service. I do not plan to come back to this resort.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
MtGreenCondoBOD, Manager at Mountain Green Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

First off, please allow us, the Mountain Green Condo Association, to apologize for the unsatisfactory situation you experienced. And thank you for your constructive feedback. We here at the Mountain Green Condo Association are working on a solution to eliminate altogether experiences like you had. Each condo is individually owned, furnished, rented, and maintained by their respective owner so it would be helpful if you could let us know the unit number you stayed in. That way, we can address your complaint in the meantime with the unit’s owner and/or the rental agency contracting that unit’s maintenance and cleaning. It is recommended that prospective renters view and choose their rental condo online prior to renting.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

I recently stayed at the Mountain Green Ski & Golf Resort and it wasn't the best experience. First, they only seem to have one set of elevators that are slow. Thank God I'm a fitness buff, so I took the stairs a lot. My room/condo was kind of gross. Although they say they are a nonsmoking hotel, the room/condo I stayed in had a bathrooms whose exhaust kicked out an old grimy cigarette odor that flooded the room whenever I turned the bathroom light on. When I complained, I was told it must be coming from outside; so I had to deal with it. Here's an idea, how about changing out the filters or updating the system? Also, the room/condo was old and outdated. The owner clearly does not care about how the place looks: dog hair every where, stains on the carpet, broken fireplace glass shielding, old cabinets that appear to have one leg into its grave, holes in the ceiling near light fixtures. It looked like a scene out of a 1970 bad film. I will say at least the place had a full kitchen with a large fridge and stove with oven, various dishes and utensils (to include cookware), and a wood burning fireplace. Speaking of fireplace, when we arrived, in the middle of winter, the room was 55 degrees. We had to wait about an hour for the condo (which looked like two rooms that they adjoined to create a two bedroom/ two bathroom condo), to heat up. At least there was a fire place, wood and kindling left for me to build a fire. The grossest part of staying in this room, which was room# 3B09, was that we found dog hair all over the sofas (like it was built up there over time), human hair in the supposedly freshly made beds, and what looked like a bunch of pubes in the bathtub. The bed spreads were so dirty (as if the cleaning staff used the same ones without ever washing and or replacing them, that I had to make them wash them. There was also old crusty food left at the bottom of the oven that the previous occupants left behind. And the garbage can was filthy; sticky and dried food on the sides and inside of the plastic trash container. No sure if I can blame the maintenance piece of the condo on the owner of the condo, but definitely the cleaning staff who is supposed to go through the rooms after each guest leaves. In all fairness, when we brought the disarray and unsanitary conditions of the room to management early next morning, they did jump on fixing it, but for having to pay over $1000 for 3 days and 2 nights, I shouldn't have had to deal with this in the first place. Why didn't I just move to another room? I arrived so late in the evening, so there wasn't anyone available to help me fix this problem that evening (I will tell you more about this in a minute), and they claimed that everything was booked the next day. Their evening reception staff is one security guard who really has no way of helping you. While he was a nice guy, any questions I asked him, he could only tell me, "I don't know, I'm just a security guard with instructions to give you your key and collect your credit card number for incidentals." One last thing, they expect you to check in at 6pm unlike other hotels who say 3pm and check out was 10am. Their excuse is that during high volume weekends they have to get the old customers out to accommodate new ones. Are you kidding me? So, ladies and gentlemen, do not, I repeat, under no circumstances, do not anticipate a late check out. They apparently under no circumstances will allow it. I always have to give a positive with a negative, the resort has a heated lap swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and pretty decent updated gym. They also have a little café/grocery store (overpriced, but that's typical at ski resorts) and a ski gear store located on site. The other positive is that the bus to the Killington ski area stops right out front, or you can just take a 10 minute walk to it; very close proximity. But the bottom line is that I will NEVER stay here, nor ever recommend it to anyone. I'm not a whiner and will usually make the most of a situation, but this was ridiculous. You are better off trying to get a room at the Killington Grand Resort which is only a one minute drive or four minute walk away.

Room Tip: If you have to stay at the Mountain Green Ski and Golf Resort, do not stay in room 3B09!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary l
MtGreenCondoBOD, Manager at Mountain Green Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Update for unit 3B09: Thanks again for giving us that unit number. The unit owner has now updated us to inform that he is starting a complete renovation of 3B09 during the off-season. This will comprise a new kitchen including the cabinets and Bosch appliances, new carpet and tile, and new flat-screen TV and more. The unit is expected to be fresh and ready for guests come ski season!

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

i went with a large group of friends and we had a 2 bedroom and fit 8 people in there including air mattresses. place was in good shape and kept clean. rental ski shop there was very helpful and convenient. tons of parking on site or in the killington lot across the street. everything was so close, the snowshed lift was right there.

will 100% use this spot again in killington