Mountain Green Resort
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Reviewed 19 February 2017

I recently stayed at the Mountain Green Ski & Golf Resort and it wasn't the best experience. First, they only seem to have one set of elevators that are slow. Thank God I'm a fitness buff, so I took the stairs a lot. My room/condo was kind of gross. Although they say they are a nonsmoking hotel, the room/condo I stayed in had a bathrooms whose exhaust kicked out an old grimy cigarette odor that flooded the room whenever I turned the bathroom light on. When I complained, I was told it must be coming from outside; so I had to deal with it. Here's an idea, how about changing out the filters or updating the system? Also, the room/condo was old and outdated. The owner clearly does not care about how the place looks: dog hair every where, stains on the carpet, broken fireplace glass shielding, old cabinets that appear to have one leg into its grave, holes in the ceiling near light fixtures. It looked like a scene out of a 1970 bad film. I will say at least the place had a full kitchen with a large fridge and stove with oven, various dishes and utensils (to include cookware), and a wood burning fireplace. Speaking of fireplace, when we arrived, in the middle of winter, the room was 55 degrees. We had to wait about an hour for the condo (which looked like two rooms that they adjoined to create a two bedroom/ two bathroom condo), to heat up. At least there was a fire place, wood and kindling left for me to build a fire. The grossest part of staying in this room, which was room# 3B09, was that we found dog hair all over the sofas (like it was built up there over time), human hair in the supposedly freshly made beds, and what looked like a bunch of pubes in the bathtub. The bed spreads were so dirty (as if the cleaning staff used the same ones without ever washing and or replacing them, that I had to make them wash them. There was also old crusty food left at the bottom of the oven that the previous occupants left behind. And the garbage can was filthy; sticky and dried food on the sides and inside of the plastic trash container. No sure if I can blame the maintenance piece of the condo on the owner of the condo, but definitely the cleaning staff who is supposed to go through the rooms after each guest leaves. In all fairness, when we brought the disarray and unsanitary conditions of the room to management early next morning, they did jump on fixing it, but for having to pay over $1000 for 3 days and 2 nights, I shouldn't have had to deal with this in the first place. Why didn't I just move to another room? I arrived so late in the evening, so there wasn't anyone available to help me fix this problem that evening (I will tell you more about this in a minute), and they claimed that everything was booked the next day. Their evening reception staff is one security guard who really has no way of helping you. While he was a nice guy, any questions I asked him, he could only tell me, "I don't know, I'm just a security guard with instructions to give you your key and collect your credit card number for incidentals." One last thing, they expect you to check in at 6pm unlike other hotels who say 3pm and check out was 10am. Their excuse is that during high volume weekends they have to get the old customers out to accommodate new ones. Are you kidding me? So, ladies and gentlemen, do not, I repeat, under no circumstances, do not anticipate a late check out. They apparently under no circumstances will allow it. I always have to give a positive with a negative, the resort has a heated lap swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and pretty decent updated gym. They also have a little café/grocery store (overpriced, but that's typical at ski resorts) and a ski gear store located on site. The other positive is that the bus to the Killington ski area stops right out front, or you can just take a 10 minute walk to it; very close proximity. But the bottom line is that I will NEVER stay here, nor ever recommend it to anyone. I'm not a whiner and will usually make the most of a situation, but this was ridiculous. You are better off trying to get a room at the Killington Grand Resort which is only a one minute drive or four minute walk away.

Room Tip: If you have to stay at the Mountain Green Ski and Golf Resort, do not stay in room 3B09!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary l
MtGreenCondoBOD, Manager at Mountain Green Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Update for unit 3B09: Thanks again for giving us that unit number. The unit owner has now updated us to inform that he is starting a complete renovation of 3B09 during the off-season. This will comprise a new kitchen including the cabinets and Bosch appliances, new carpet and tile, and new flat-screen TV and more. The unit is expected to be fresh and ready for guests come ski season!

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

i went with a large group of friends and we had a 2 bedroom and fit 8 people in there including air mattresses. place was in good shape and kept clean. rental ski shop there was very helpful and convenient. tons of parking on site or in the killington lot across the street. everything was so close, the snowshed lift was right there.

will 100% use this spot again in killington

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bill O
Reviewed 15 February 2017

This place was great. Just a five minute walk to the slopes or you could take the shuttle. There are restaurants that were really good and a tune up shop in the resort. People may say the rooms are outdated but that wasn't the case for our room, it was really nice. Very comfy room with kitchen and balcony. Parking was pretty easy to find too.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Matthew H
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

This resort is incredibly close to the snow shed lodge at the base if the Killington ski area. The facility offers an on site restaurant, ski shop, market, and spa. The decor could use significant updating but outside of that it's nice here.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank NHSP212
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

I was so worried about what we would walk into based on many of the reviews. So pleasantly surprised with unit E11. Its nothing flashy or upscale but very roomy, comfortable and had a great view. Perfectly fine accommodations at the right price for my family. We did not go back to the car until we left for home after our 3 night stay. Everything was clean, we had 4 people comfortable in this 1 BR unit and a full kitchen. The fireplace was great and free firewood right there for you made it so easy to relax at night. We visited Maya Papaya each day for basic items, beer/wine, breakfast sandwiches, yummy coffee and take out for dinner. All was good and we are picky eaters. The prices were reasonable as well. Ski equipment rentals in the building and pool/hot tub were also used and appreciated.

The location cant be beat unless you want to spend 500+/night at the grand hotel. At Mountain Green you are just a short walk down the hill to the snowshed base - no need to even cross the street or you can wait for the shuttle. The tubing park is right next to the resort for fun after ski.

So glad we found this spot and look forward to returning next yr, hopefully for a longer stay.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family