All reviews tile shower picture window combos microwave bed
Reviewed 12 December 2015

Our visit to drive-in theater was just great! We saw some disaster-movie, listened the voice straight from the car`s speakers and felt like we are right in middle of the movie.
Because it was so late we did not stay for the second movie. There were "served" two movies with one ticket.
We bought salads from normal foodstore to bring along us because only thing at the theater was sold as a glutenfree was popcorn (which tasted delicious but does not keep hunger away). Just recommend this cute drive-in theater. Hopefully people will find it. Were not at the motel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2015

If I were traveling by myself, I would not have stayed here. The reason for us going to this motel was the Drive-In Theater. The first time we pulled into the parking lot, I told my husband to turn around & leave - not very appealing! Then we had dinner & I read reviews on TripAdvisor so we decided to give it a try. This place has so much potential, especially since Drive-In Theaters are so rare.

There's a sad sign out front for the motel & a bunch of trees/bushes that prevent passers-by from seeing the motel. I suppose that may help with road noise, but it doesn't look very inviting. There's also a portable sign (4-lines with a flashing arrow) that lists the current movies.

There's no lobby to speak of, just a cramped office that is only open when checking-in. Upon arrival, we used the phone in a plastic box (weather-shielded) outside next to the office door to call the owner. We waited for him to unlock the office door & proceeded to check-in.

It's obvious this gentleman has had a number of bad experiences renting rooms! Although we are cash-paying customers, he took a copy of our credit card (does not accept Discover) in case we didn't leave the room in tact. He went over ALL the rules (& there are many): if you want to go to the drive-in your car, you have to pay (it's NOT included in the room fee). No extra people/parties in the room (can't bring friends, family, etc... because he'd lose revenue - movie admission fees). Made us sign something saying we won't smoke in the room & if we did there's a $10,000 fine per the state of Vermont, and he'd charge an additional $250 cleaning fee.

The room was clean & had some updates (new flooring). It had a microwave & mini-refrigerator. The bathroom had a newer looking sink, but the shower looked original (small, tile shower stall). There were no counters in the bathroom. Also - no hair dryer.

The purpose of our visit was for the drive-in. We did not pay the extra fee to watch the movies from our car because we wanted to experience it watching from the room. There's a speaker in the wall, so if you aren't interested in watching both movies, you can pull the blinds & shut off the speaker. The grounds of the drive-in are very nice. There's a new fence around most of the property. They also have LOTS of old-timey speakers on the poles if you want to get the vintage drive-in feel experience. Their "snack bar/refreshment stand" is a camper trailer converted into a concession stand.

The motel could be a little more inviting with some work, but I'd certainly recommend checking out the drive-in theater.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank lyncal999
Reviewed 28 July 2015

I was in the upper valley for my 5oth high school class reunion and wanted to make this a sort of a 60's retro trip so I booked a room here for a week. It was great. The owners are friendly and they have done a super job of upgrading this old-time roadside motel. The rooms are squeaky clean and have a fridge, a microwave and probably the neatest thing is you can watch the movie through a large window in your room with a speaker in the room for sound. My only negative comment would be that there is no coffee maker in the room which would have been nice for an extended stay. There is however a nice convenience mart very close by with good coffee and all sorts of food and sandwiches including microwave breakfast sandwiches that you can bring back to your room. There aren't many roadside motels left and even fewer drive-in theaters. This has got to be one of only a handful of combos left in the United States. All in all it was a great stay for my back-in-the-day vacation and I highly recommend them. As a p.s. I will add that either this was a quality motel when it was built or somebody added insulation because I couldn't hear people in other rooms nor could I hear any road noise. Try it, you'll like it!

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank kevin c
Reviewed 17 June 2015 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise!
Rough looking when you pull up but don't turn around!
Clean, upgraded, comfortable beds. Nice flat screen with satellite TV. Refrigerator.
Quirky especially with drive in movie easily seen through large back window and good in room sound. Manager had to hurry through check in to go rescue an escaped animal at his farm: just added to charm! Only draw back: no one in office on day we left to sell us tee shirts

5  Thank John H
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Bring your kids to this place! It's a quaint-looking old timey side of the road hotel. But it's so much more. Great amenities include a fridge, microwave, flat screen, and a set of twin bunk beds in our king sized bed room. It would be perfect for a family of 4-5. Plus you can watch the movie thru the back window! Bath room is small but just fine. Good shower water pressure & temp. Small table in room, nice dresser. Great stay for a night or short weekend. I hope they are able to keep it in business.

Date of stay: August 2014