“Imaginative menu; nice atmosphere”
Review of Samurai Soul Food

Samurai Soul Food
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Fairlee
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Reviewed 7 September 2017

This is a great addition to our Upper Valley restaurant scene. Arrive early so you don't have to wait for a table because no reservations. I had fried chicken and wasn't too pleased -- it was, after all, deep fried chicken. (My friend had highly recommended the meal.). Noodles with it were good. I'll try other things next time. Definitely going back!

1  Thank Trekandmore

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

The food was creative and comfort all in one. Everything we had was delicious. Tuna nachos, fried chicken, chicken satay ... the only dish I tried that didn't wow me was the lobster Rangoon.
The drinks were yummy but didn't seem to have much alcohol in them.
Very friendly service, very fun atmosphere. Casual.
Great addition to the area.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Have visited Fairlee every summer of my life, that's 60 years and of course I don't remember the early ones but I've seen so many restaurants come and go at this location. By far, without doubt, this is the best ever to hit my favorite town, Fairlee. Excellent food, excellent service! I feel this one is a winner and will have a long run! Yum!

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Nice option for great food in Fairlee. The menu is unique with great choices. The fish tacos can't be beat (3 per order) and are loaded with crispy perch, and fresh greens. We love the outdoor seating option-picnic tables, friendly staff, self serve water and canned beer all give the place a very laid back, casual feel. Samurai is one of this "locals" favorites with reasonable prices, great service and fresh food!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Before we even set foot in the restaurant, we were warmly greeted and invited to choose a table outside (or in) - we sat outside on colorful tables on a small patio with a friendly vibe and happy diners. We were a hungry group of 5 and one look at the menu and we had each chosen at least 2 things to try - and so we ordered many of the interesting choices - I was a bit skeptical - it all sounded so good, but so many regions - could this place really deliver? The answer was YES. Every SINGLE thing we ordered, we all agreed was amazing. We had the fried chicken with side of sesame noodles (outrageously good) shrimp pad thai (flavorful, fresh and excellent), pakora (fluffy, full and perfect), Korean wings (great flavor), fish tacos, party animal fried rice, eggrolls (ooooh man, so good). We packed a bunch to take home for all of us and left satisfied and full of happiness for this discovery! Go!