“Great takeout”

Hop Sing Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 71 Restaurants in Essex
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Fast quick service. Good variety. Very reasonable prices. Convenient location. Frequent it regularly oft takeout.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The name reminds me of the cook on Bonanza from years ago. The food is good and the place is clean. Price and menue is ok.

1  Thank Neil S
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have never felt the need to write such a negative review. If I had gone into this restaurant's bathroom before ordering my food, I would have walked out and gone elsewhere. We are talking months if not years of grime on the door, walls and floor.

The gentleman behind the counter was very nice and actually brought my meal to my table which I did not expect and shouted out a thank you when I left.

I ordered Kung Pao Shrimp and while it looked good and the vegetables seemed fresh, it just didn't have any flavor....I only ate about a quarter of my meal and brought the rest home with me. My partner (aka the human garbage pail) ate a little bit of my leftovers and decided to compost the rest. WOW!

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Me and my boyfriend ordered a take-out from here and paid about $20 for the Po Po special. Everything was deep deep deep fried and as far as I was concerned inedible. My boyfriend did his best but we wasted most of it, I managed to eat just some of the rice. Everything was jammed into a box and the sweet and sour, was all sweet and no sour. I wouldn't normally tend to write a bad review but I felt we were ripped off. Never again.

Reviewed 12 December 2010

I bought take-out at Hop Sing last night. The food was excellent and the quantity was good. Everyone of us remarked about how good the food was. I will be returning to Hop Sing for Chinese food in the future.