“Nice ambience, good food, good beer”
Review of Sweetwaters

Sweetwaters
Ranked #31 of 246 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Description: Sweetwaters is an American Bistro with an unique twist on your favorite eats. For over 30 years, we've been serving fantastic cuisine with local ingredients in a family-friendly atmosphere in the heart of Burlington, on the corner of College and Church Streets on the charming Church Street Marketplace. Architecturally interesting, Sweetwaters is housed in what was the original site of the Burlington Trust Company. Built in the 1880s, the building retains its original mouldings, cornerstone, clock and architectural appointments. With a full bar, extensive menu, unique interior, and plenty of indoor and outdoor seating, Sweetwaters certainly has something for everybody. We serve lunch and dinner daily, with a late night menu for all you night owls out there.
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Great location right in the middle of Church St. Good selection of bar/bistro food. Kids menu. Nice ambience and service

Reviewed 15 September 2017

We had lunch on a beautiful day. The french fries were excellent, other food was pretty good too. The people watching was fantastic as we sat right on Church Street. The wait wasn't too long considering it was Labor Day Weekend. I would definitlely come back if the weather was good enough to sit outside. Prices were typical for the location.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Our family of four dined at Streetwaters last weekend. Our puppy was also welcome in the outdoor table section! The menu has many unique offerings. Everything we tried was amazing! We absolutely loved the fish tacos! Fresh and flavorful! Also enjoyed the pulled-pork mac and cheese! Yummy! Recommend this establishment to all!!!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Figured I'd give this place a try since the reviews seemed decent. Was unfortunately disappointed. I wasn't in the mood for a big meal so I figured I'd go for a sandwich and a salad. The salad greens were wilted, with some pieces going bad. The turkey wrap was fine, but nothing to write home about. Could have gotten the exact same sandwich pretty much anywhere. Service was good though. My waiter was attentive and friendly. I may return to try a heartier meal, but my first impression is it's just okay.

Terri M, Owner at Sweetwaters, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Kathy6190, I am glad to hear that you are going to give us another try. I assure you, we will wow you!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

This was the 1st place we saw when we arrived in the mall. The afternoon sun was shining and it looked a great place for a late lunch outside. The menu sounded good as well.
We were not disappointed! I had the salmon, it just melted in your mouth and the ginger honey sauce was a prefect match. Hubby had the fish and chips, it looked great as well. He said it tasted just as good. I stole some of his chips. Oh my, they had a beautiful crunch on the outside but still soft in the middle. Cooked to perfection! My daughter and I voted them as the best fries we've had in America.
My (big) kids had burgers and they really enjoyed them. The hard food critic son, said it was a really good burger.
The staff were very friendly and service was quick.
We had a really good afternoon soaking up the fall sun that was left for the day as we ate our meal. If we ever return to Vermont we will definitely eat there again.
The prices were good, especially compared to quality and freshness of the food. They served the meals how they should be, quality over quantity. The serving size is spot on and not a oversized plate with inferior product on it.
Well done Sweetwaters!