See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The owners are super friendly and warm. The house doesn't have private bathroom and we didn't know that when we booked. The breakfast is not what you usually expect at a bed and breakfast - just come get the cold cereal when you want. It is in a great location and close to the lake and downtown - easy to walk to both. Kind of expensive for what we got.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My husband ad I came for three days over Memorial Day weekend. It rained the majority of the time. Nancy and Paul welcomed us and sat down with us in their living room sharing their amazing task of renovating such a historic place. They shared pictures of their grandchildren and asked to see pictures of my kids. Nancy was like a mother hen" because she was quite attentive (not in an overbearing or annoying way). Our room was next to the kitchen, which was not ideal, but others staying there were respectful and kept the noise down. While out, Nancy made our bed and tidied up (I was not expecting this at a B & B). She made baked goods herself as part of the breakfast. Her and Paul cared about their wonderful place. I read some of the posts below and never one was given attitude by either Paul or Nancy. I admit that the price is high, buy we went on a holiday weekend. This was the cheapest I found in the area. As a bonus we met some great people who were also staying there, which made for an even better weekend! I recommend it to those we are familiar with staying at B & Bs since it is different than a hotel room.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2013

A great place to stay in Burlington -- right near Church Street, City Hall Park, the Flynn Theater--and within walking distance of beautiful and interesting neighborhoods. Nancy was a great host, and we liked the spacious rooms and the down-home feel of the kitchen and breakfast area. Unpretentious, super-clean, and welcoming. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Boots W
Reviewed 30 October 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in this bed and breakfast for two nights while on vacation. I have nothing but excellent things to say about Sunset house. Paul and Nancy are awesome hosts, very nice and welcoming. (and funny) The house itself is beautiful and comfortable, we lucked out with the front room which allowed us privacy and space. The location is perfect, close walking distance to everything you need. We parked our car when we arrived and didn't need it until it was time to leave. After leaving, I kept saying how lucky we were to have stayed there. We will definately visit again, I can't say enough good things about this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MWickson
Reviewed 15 September 2012

When our plans to travel to Burlington had to be cancelled unexpectedly, the owner of Sunset B&B went out of her way to fill the room we booked. Even though we cancelled our reservation the same afternoon we were due to arrive, we were not charged a thing. Definitely super nice people!

• Stayed: September 2012