“Good stuff”

Back Behind Saloon Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at a hotel adjacent to this funky little place. I was there with my 11 yo and a buddy and his 11 yo. The food was solid and a bit off beat. Cole slaw was tasty. Drinks were ambitious and wait staff attentive. I wouldn’t go here for my anniversary but for really good bbq and drinks after skiing or fishing or just a casual night out-hard to beat.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

The owner Gerry aims to please all customers and makes sure they're happy with their experience. The menu has a great variety for a family to fill up on after skiing all day. I'd recommend skipping the barbecue - ribs are very tender, but they over slather the sauce on the ribs which ruins it. Everything else on the menu was excellent -duck wings were a great appetizer and the turkey dinner was tasty. The atmosphere is casual but friendly, and cozy but you don't get a feeling of being over-crowded.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

We were staying right behind this restaurant so gave it a try. We didn’t want to spend any more time in the car. Place was empty. There was only one other table in the dining room. But even when it was empty the SERVICE was only OK. THe food was incredibly average and expensive. They are ridiculous with the plate sharing fee and questioned my ordering an appetizer. I make better bbq in my backyard. The pulled pork was dry and dressed with what tasted like jarred sauce. The pork loin was similarly dry and unseasoned. On the upside the kids rib eye was pretty good. This is a place that survives because of a captive audience. Go elsewhere.

1  Thank flipdogdre
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Six of us for dinner with reservations honored on time. The list of specials is long but we highly recommend the pirogies or Kapusta soup, all home made. Restaurant is known for barbecue and the ribs were delicious. Mashed potatoes were perfect and the sautéed green beans were flavorful. Our server was so cordial and efficient. Will return soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

I had a great meal consisting of fried pickles for the app and ribs. The pickles are great. The coating sticks well and the dill pickles have a snap. The baby back ribs had a wonderful sauce and were done to fall off the bone. I also like there mashed potatoes which had a lot of taste. Enjoyed the meal.