All reviews murphy bed an update checking in full kitchen slopes tavern skiing snow proximity factory units vt dishwasher sauna
Reviewed 26 January 2016

I feel like this place was a nice place to stay for our snowboarding vacation. I don't think we paid too much. The lifts were closed most of the time we were there because of the wind but we did get a little snowboarding in. The food was all pretty good. Breakfast had a few choices to eat. Staff was always very friendly, I don't think we saw any housekeeping but we didn't need anything anyway. The only thing that frustrated me I that the room phone would not call the front desk or anywhere that someone would answer. I called front desk from room phone and the answering device was explaining 2012 specials.... So I had to call the front desk from my cellphone.

Reviewed 24 January 2016

Our kids & Grandkids gathered at BV for Martin Luther King Week-end. Our condo, a DAE timeshare exchange, was newly remodeled, clean, comfortable and had great views of both the ski area and the Adirondacks - when it wasn't snowing! In addition to downhill, we also found time to snowshoe, swim and enjoy the hot tub and sauna. After the kids all left, we had the rest of the week to ourselves. Though it was cold and windy for a couple of days, we still skied and snowshoed. Highlights included finding perfect powder over by the Wilderness chair at 3 PM on a sunny afternoon, and snowshoeing up to Bryant Cabin on a windy, cold day where the forest protected us nicely from the arctic blasts. Bolton leaves a lot of its terrain ungroomed, and if you like to explore, it's a lot of fun. A lot of the locals skin up and ski down the beautiful backcountry. Can't say enough about the staff. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Don't miss spending some time at James Moore Tavern, where there is a great selection of local craft beers. And don't miss trying the fried green bean appetizers and the chocolate pecan pie dessert!! The owners and staff realize they have a special spot here. They are a reasonable, low cost,low key affordable alternative to places like Stowe. We'll be back.

Room Tip: corner room upper floors gives a view of both the ski area and Adirondacks.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2016

This is an older, tired looking resort BUT the value for the dollar is excellent and the mountain is just right for a family, especially with young children and teens. it is easy to regroup. When all the trails are open, its an absolute gem, especially the glades. The lifts are slow and wind can be a factor at times re: lift closings. The pub food is very good, much much better than other resorts. This destination works well when there is a lot of snow; not so well if there are limited trails open. The atmosphere is very casual and laid back. If you need fancy with amenities, this is not your place. If your looking for excellent, affordable skiing, then this is your place.

2  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed 18 January 2016

The Inn is a good value for the money. We spent two mid-week nights ($114 per night). It is nothing special so if you are looking for something special this is not the place.

The restaurant/bar were nice, the staff friendly and the food good.

The ski area has all slow lifts.

Reviewed 7 January 2016

We stayed at The Inn from 12/31-1/3 of this new year. I was so excited about this trip because my friends had stayed here last year over new years and raved about how amazing it was. Starting with the room... Very outdated!. It had the feel of a child's rec room from the 80's. The sofas and chairs were stained with who knows what. The murphy bed appeared to have a blood stain on it. Whether or not that's what it was I don't know, but that's what it looked like and it was large!! We opted for the floor over laying on that. The oven didn't work at all. Housekeeping didn't come once during our stay, despite The Inn stating there would be daily service. With the snow and mud, the floors were quite gross. The room had two tubes TV's and a VHS player. I know this is not a necessity, but flat screens and dvd players are pretty cheap these days. On our last day, there was a fire alarm which shut down the elevators. We were staying on the third floor. Therefore, we had to take ALL of our luggage, ski supplies, coolers of food/drink down three flights of stairs. Not ideal. As far as the good things... the bar had tasty wings, don't get the nachos, the cheese wasn't melted. Beer in VT is always good. There was a game room, where we did spend a lot of our time, simply because there was only one trail on the mountain open (mother nature's fault). Typically I am not a very picky traveler, however when you are spending $350-400 a night on a place, one would expect better conditions.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends