“Good food and great service.”

Papa Pete's of Bennington
Ranked #8 of 75 Restaurants in Bennington
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Quaint little diner with outdoor seating (weather permitting). Ample parking. Located 1/10th of a mile off Route 279 East. Open 6 days a week. Serving Breakfast & Lunch all day Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 7am - 2pm Friday, Saturday & Sunday 7am - 3pm Closed Wednesdays Beer & Wine served at this establishment Mimosas also served
Reviewed 19 July 2017

This little place is a diamond in the rough. We were visiting friends in the area; they go here often and I know why. Our friend had blueberry pancakes - I've never seen pancakes that look like this. One pancake is served, but it's about 14" in diameter and an inch thick. It looked delicious, and he finished it to my amazement. The other three in the party were happy with their breakfasts. The service was great! Our server had a smile that lit up her face, and was very pleasant and efficient. What a great way to start the day! Be aware that their hours are limited, and they serve only breakfast and lunch.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We enjoyed our lunch/late brunch here on Father's Day. We brought friends who had not yet been acquainted, and sat outside with our pup by us. We had a delightful time and enjoyed the gracious staff and the delicious eats.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

My husband and I stopped here for breakfast as we were staying in a hotel without in-house breakfast. We were lucky to get the last booth inside as it was warm day and I wouldn't have wanted to sit outside, although there were tables outside if you like that sort of thing.
We ordered fairly quickly but it seemed to take a long time for the food to arrive - these diners are usually pretty quick and it wasn't like we ordered anything unusual. I had a spinach and mushroom omelet that was very good - it was a 4 egg omelet and kept me going pretty much the rest of the day. It came with home fries and toast so I really had no complaints. My husband decided to order eggs, sunny-side up, with bacon and home fries. He also fancied the advertised homemade corned beef hash so had that as a side. The eggs were very runny - the white wasn't completely cooked - he ate it but it wasn't really done enough. The strange thing was the hash - definitely corned beef but no hash to speak of - it just looked like a tin of corned beef with a few pieces of green onion or chives in it. It also contained a rather large lump of fat that my husband found and was really turned off by. It wouldn't have been too bad but the price was almost as much as the egg breakfast.
All said, it was an ok place for breakfast but we didn't think it was anything special.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

I make it a point to have breakfast her when in the area. Their pancakes are fantastic and their staff always friendly. It makes my day

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Stopped during one of our trips between NH and NY. Had breakfast. It wasn't very busy at 9:30 am on a weekday. The server was extremely friendly. Menu is extensive for breakfast. I just wanted a bagel with cream cheese. It was huge and was already smeared on with a glob on the side. Wife had her standard of eggs and bacon. It was prepared perfectly and portion was generous.

A must stop on your way through Bennington.