“Excellent food in nice setting”
Review of Pangaea

Pangaea
Ranked #18 of 75 Restaurants in Bennington
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pangaea is focused on creating an amazing dining experience using the most locally sourced food possible combined with an atmosphere that is very welcoming. You will be able to find food inspired from around the world here at Pangaea.
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We have eaten both at the fine dining Pangaea and the next-door Lounge. Both had excellent food and we've really enjoyed them. We went to the Lounge with a larger group and they did a great job serving us together and in decent time. At the fine-dining restaurant, the service and the food we're more 'fine-dining' (also the prices) and that was a lot more suitable for an 'intimate' dinner setting.

1  Thank Geert M

Reviewed 22 December 2011

My family loves this place so much that my son selected this restaurant as the site of his wedding reception. The food, which delighted everyone, was personally prepared by chef and owner Bill Scully. Because the restaurant is not inexpensive, we generally go to the lounge which has terrific food, especially the burgers, at very reasonable prices. Whenever
we have guests we want to impress, or special celebrations, we go to the restaurant and have rarely been disapointed.

1  Thank hanalei2014
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I've only been to Pangaea Lounge, the bar area attached to the much more expensive restaurant.

The atmosphere is warm and cozy with dim lighting. There are tables with bar stools but also two rooms of much more comfortable seating and a patio for warmer months. The menu is small but varies so that I never have trouble finding something I want to eat.

The burgers are delicious and huge! (Don't order one in front of anyone you're trying to impress)

This last time I had an appetizer sized root vegetable ravioli and a cup of tomato soup. It was served cool, topped with diced tomatoes, parmesan cheese and balsamic vinaigrette. Very tasty! The soup was somewhat less inspired. Still, it was the perfect amount of food. Save room for a gigantic chocolate chip cookies for desert!

Maybe I've been in the city too long but $2 beer? I was impressed.

1  Thank Jesserdb
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner at Pangaea Lounge. I had the angus beef Maria burger (bacon, blue cheese, avocado and Cobb dressing). It was perfectly cooked, and topped with fresh avocado. The "baked fries" on the side were more like roasted potatoes, but they were still delicious. The drinks were on the expensive side, but the reasonable prices for the burger ($10) evens it out. The vibe here is modern and chic, with attentive service. A great place to come with a date or a few friends.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

We ate at Pangaea with friends while vacationing in North Bennington.

We selected the less formal restauant at Pangaea and were very impressed by the quality of the food. My colleagues had entrees while i restricted myself to the pulled pork tacos. The food was all of a high standard and i was glad i only had the two tacos as they were a plateful (a bargin at around $7)

All in all very good food and a nice relaxed athosphere.