“Great food, drink and service”
Review of The Publyk House

The Publyk House
Ranked #5 of 77 Restaurants in Bennington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 October 2018

Strongly recommend this place. I had the lobster Mac and cheese and my wife had the turkey. Both were outstanding and more than adequate portions. You always know the how good the food is when you make yourself stop eating only after you’ve eaten too much. That is definitely the case here. I had a wonderful pumpkin beer with a sugar and spice rim. First time I ever had a sweet rimmed beer, but it worked and was delicious. My wife had a caramel kiss martini. All I can say is wow. When in the area, go!

1  Thank glewicki56

Reviewed 26 October 2018

Wonderful place to eat, especially if you are staying next door at the Harwood Hill. You can walk! They have a wonderful salad bar and cookie skillet!

ThePublykHouse, Manager at The Publyk House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Thanks so much for choosing to dine with us! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit and hope you are able to come again when you are in the area. And thanks for the positive review!

Reviewed 24 October 2018

The place is amazing. It is a perfect Restaurant what you see on TV Hallmark channel. I fell in love with this one as soon I entered. Food was great and more than enough to eat. Our server Ms.Sawyer was fantastic, and recommended some dishes, just wonderful
If I will go back to Vermont, I will definitely visit this place. Set up is beautiful, I just loved this place

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We are thrilled to hear that your enjoyed your dining experience. Our customers love the amazing food, terrific views and lovely service. Please do come visit us again!

Reviewed 24 October 2018

Went to the Publyk House in Bennington, VT in October 2018 while on vacation and upon a recommendation from a co-worker. We were there for a late lunch. It seems they close for a short period in the late afternoon to prepare for the evening dining. Food was excellent and the atmosphere was very inviting. The restaurant has a bar area and a separate dining area. There is a very large deck over-looking the mountains and it has just an amazing view. Unfortunately, it was too cold to sit outside during our visit. Definitely recommend, if not for the food just the amazing view!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! Our amazing views, delicious food and warm and cozy atmosphere keep our happy customers returning again and again. We hope you are able to dine with us again next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

Our hotel (Hampton Inn) commended the Publyk House for our overnight stay in Bennington. It hit the spot...comfortable restaurant with great comfort food. We had the salad bar (included with meal), pop-corn shrimp, meatloaf (very good...moist) and my husband had the liver (also good).

ThePublykHouse, Manager at The Publyk House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Thank you so much for the review! We are thrilled to hear that you had a terrific dinner. Our meatloaf and the liver are always a hit with our customers and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed our bountiful salad bar. We hope you can join us for another fantastic dinner next time you are in the area!