“Standard buffet”

Add it.
China Moon Buffet
Ranked #31 of 41 Restaurants in Barre
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We went on a Saturday evening. The restaurant was pretty busy but all of the food was fresh. I tried many different things and liked just about all of it. Wait staff does keep an eye on your table. We never had dirty plates or empty glasses on our table but you do feel as though you’re being watched. Overall, a decent Chinese buffet.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

Was in the area and a local referred the place. Very inexpensive. Clean. Simple and typical offerings. The food on the buffet was hot. Can't beat the price. The staff are quick to clear and are responsive and friendly.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

There certainly are many items to choose from,and the cooks keep the display well-supplied. There are plenty of customers coming and going, which is a good sign that the food is freshly prepared and not sitting there getting lukewarm.
However, I wish that the booths were bigger because sliding in and out with two winter jackets each side was awkward, and I felt squished. I also did not relax at all with the very noisy compressors of the ice and ice cream machines located in the corner of the main dining area. They may be convenient for the staff, but moving them to the area near the back would greatly improve the ambience, and give the owners more space for new, bigger booths. Still, if you are hungry, this is good fast-food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 14 January 2017

Whenever I return to Vermont (my childhood home), I always visit my autistic son Steven, and we invariably end up at least once at China Moon. We have been doing this since the place was called China Moon and before, and the food is always hot, well-presented, and fairly tasty. It is a typical buffet in most respects, meaning that one should expect the food to be somewhat overcooked and not always the freshest, but at China Moon they have worked fruit, sushi, and even ice cream into the menu, and I must say that their food is better than average. I enjoy their hot sour soup variation, though I would have preferred it to be a little more "sour," and they do a fairly good job with the main variations on green beans and broccoli that one usually sees at such places. Their egg rolls are actually fairly un-greasy and tasty, and they do strive to keep the bar clean and the food available. They are also courteous and very tolerant of less socially skilled people like my son, a fact which I greatly appreciate. I would recommend the China Moon Buffet to anyone who likes that sort of thing and understands what it is, not a really top of the line, gourmet place, but a mass production operation that does a really good job of doing what such places do. I will certainly be a return customer.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Felt watched by the waitresses, as soon as we were done our plate, they were right there to take it off our table. Not a comfortable feeling. Food was ok.