“I'm a Bento Boy!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

I go here once a month or so. I meet up with friends who live in Barre for dinner.
My friends always get sushi, and I always get the same Bento Box style dinner.
I can't bring myself to order anything else because it's so good. (Also, I lived in Hawaii for 10 years so VT Sushi doesn't often impress my much...)
It comes with a couple of pieces of sushi, a simple yet delicious little salad, a gyoza dumping, rice, a small side of Kimchee, and your choice of meat. I always get the NY Steak option. It's a real NY sirloin! And it is excellent, and always comes cooked as ordered. It's not a huge steak, but it doesn't have to be with all the other stuff you get.
I'm pretty sure it's $15.99!
And, I've never had a bad steak there.
Don't know why it took me so long to review this great place. (So close to 5*s! can I give 4.75*s?)
Great service too. It can be slow when they're jammed, but it's worth the wait, and there's a bar... I think the Sushi is pretty good, for VT.
Give them a shot!

Reviewed 29 April 2017

We eaten here few times. Always excellent service and food. Sushi and sashimi are the best here. Highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Eaten here several times. No variety in the menu. Often a bit salty. Excellent service and a very comfortable atmosphere. Consistent, but bland.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

So we went with a group, well seated, the place has very nice decor, and is spacious. Bathrooms are very clean, you feel comfortable enjoying a special meal. Staff are professional, friendly, attentive. Then the food comes, the group goes silent.....we are focused on our plates. Appetizers really get your attention,,,,,works of art. You must have some sushi. The meal, even if its a traditional Chinese dish, its made more special, with culinary artistry. This is your reason to go to Barre.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

As a Mandarin-speaker, it was fun to practice my rusty language skills with the Fujian family that runs and owns this "best place on Main Street." Good drinks, delicious food, and great service with boring ambience.