All reviewswithin walking distanceadequate place to stayroom was cleansalt lake cityhotel is locateddecker
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

We arrived in the late afternoon for our one night stay. The outside appearance was decent and we were greeted by the staff and assigned our room.
The room was fairly clean, but had a bit of a deoderizer smell. Not unbearable, though.
Shower head was fair and bathroom was fairly clean. Better than some, for sure.
The bed was the sad part of this stay. It really needs to be trashed and a new one that two people can sleep in that wont roll us to the middle. Not a comfy sleep.
I don't think I could stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I was looking around for hotels in West Valley, because my boyfriend and I were going to an event at the USANA Amphitheater. This was the cheapest and closest hotel I could find.

The front desk guy was short and to the point. He got us checked in right away. We went to our room and walked in. The room was cozy. It was clean and organized. I liked the decor. The shower was quirky.

The only complaints I have is: the bed was hard as a rock. I barely slept with how hard it was. No sagging. I mind as well have slept on the floor. It’d be the same as the bed. The night stand by the window had a lamp, but no outlet for the lamp to plug into. Only outlet near by was a single by the window for the window unit. They should also have a later breakfast on the weekends, 6-9 is suckie.

Other than that, I would stay here again if I had to. It was good for what it was.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Always asking if they can get you anything or help with food recommendations. The rooms are very small but clean.
Here's the but. The parking lot at night is not someplace you want to be. Lots of drugs and "ladies" in action going on. Which does continue into the hotel as you see them coming in and out with different partners several times an evening. A gentleman we spook to said the cops wouldn't even come out here for the problem anymore. The action doesn't seem to bother the "real" customers for the hotel much that we have noticed. I wouldn't want to stay here with children .
I guess it is a matter of choice as to whether or not you can handle the parking lot activities. The hotel is quiet except for road noise from the nearby highways but the hotel itself doesn't seem to have crazy parties or yelling people eat in the halls.
Our company chose the hotel and covered our bill for roughly a week. So I can't comment on the price. The beds are okay but not great , pretty much standard stuff. But ours was very clean . Don't know if we would chose to stay again if there is somewhere else available , however it's not a total write off.
Excellent food within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Stayed here several times. Not too happy with the smoky smell of the place. Might think about redoing interior or replacing carpet. Will be staying over at the country inn from now on, much cozier for the same price.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Needing freezer packs for taking lunch,..I found the staff accomodating, they would swap out my freezer jugs, since the small fridge in room wasn't spaced large enough for freezing a halfGallon jug!! ...Initially issues with AC, but we were moved across the hall, so thankfully, had a pleasant stay summer of 2017. We have plans to go back because of a 3-5 block walk to the UTA train to downtown. The "Decker Lake Dr." address did not work with our GPS; please change to 3440 South 2200 West (zip 84119)

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family