All reviews water park free laundry pool area front desk two bedroom suite the holiday inn full kitchen beer and wine complimentary dinner free beer mon wed chicken wings room change waffles long stay third floor home away from home
Reviewed 4 June 2018

When we arrived at the hotel our reservations seem to be messed up. The clerk was very kind and got it worked out. The time check-in, I verified reservation terms and rates quoted but there was no listing for my service dog. However we got things worked out but again, I did spend time, verifying our rate and told them that we may not be staying more than three days because we did not know if I would be having open heart surgery at this time or at a later date. I verified our rate would be $117 a night, and it would not change if we stayed less time than expected.

We were greatly disappointed in our room is it was not clean, and poorly laid out. It was not at all what we have been used to in prior stays In Cheyenne Wyoming.

In other facilities there has always been an afternoon platter of fresh baked cookies for guests in the lobby and a soda fountain with water and juice available 24/7.

That was important to me because of being diabetic and should I need anything during the night I could get it. Here there were no afternoon cookies which was not that important but the fountain was closed most always. It was open just for a couple hours daily circling the dinner hour.

In your other facilities, should there be a problem management was easy to find and talk too. There was never a problem but the managers presence was very well-known. When I tried to talk to anyone or access to the manager, they were always telling me they were not on the premises. Seemed odd for three days in a row!

One night when I needed to get a particularly good nights rest because of having to be at the hospital very early in the morning for a heart procedure, the room above apparently had children who decided it was time to play at 11 PM. It went on for hours and in spite of calling the front desk several times it was obvious nothing was going to happen. The loud jumping, running and bouncing up and down continued on our ceiling until early hours of the morning. No apology from the desk nor any relief from now, a noisy room as well as a dirty one!

In prior stays at other properties, though there was not a daily maid service expected, they did come in and tidy the room emptying garbage and pulling up the bedsheets. Each day we returned to our room in Salt Lake City, it was obvious that no one had even opened the door, let alone left any clean towels or other supplies

Our complaints fell on empty ears.

Of the evenings we had dinner at this facility which is included in three weeknights, the beer and wine was unattended and up for grabs. That left minors to drink unattended as well. When stepping into the kitchen to ask a question about empty containers and whether or not they would be refilling them, I found the kitchen to be extremely cluttered and dirty. The cook seem to be very nice but that doesn't change the circumstances to Where the food was prepared.

On this basis alone, I would not leave a recommendation to stay here. I am sad to say except for one taco meal before we knew the kitchen wasn't clean, was the only good thing to report.There was no staff in attendance to even talk to!

As I said, we made reservations at this hotel location because of medical reasons and having to attend the university for help. When reserving the room we are quoted a rate of $117. a night, but upon checking out they had raised our rates to $180. per night. Even though we explained I had talk to them them and told them we may only be staying 3 days I was told the rate would remain the same. But the clerk was rude and would not allow me to even speak to The manager. Then she decided that we should be paying a fee for our dog though she was a service dog and I have papers to prove it. With much discussion she finally dropped that issue but would not change the room rates to what I was quoted from the entire time.

If you want to find a place to stay in Salt Lake City, I strongly suggest you look elsewhere as this one rates a poor one star rating for the entire location. As I have said the only nice person there was in checking in and he worked hard cleaning up mistakes behind someone else to make our stay good, but his attempts were useless.

I dislike writing poor reviews but decided it was my duty to other travelers to be forthright and honest with a review that the value for staying at the Staybridge, is NOT at this location.

It would take a miracle to improve all of these problems and more, not even mentioned here in my review.

Room Tip: The layout was poor for a King. The handicap room if needed are laid out nicely but not sure here.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Attractive newer hotel with complimentary dinner & drinks Mon-Wed! Shares the water park/pool, hot tub, arcade, fitness room with Holiday Inn Express next door, connecting thru hallway. Friendly, efficient staff. Greeted warmly at Check-in & Check-out by front desk staff, Kalo, Lusi & Isi. Very clean rooms & comfortable beds & pillows! Each bedroom had it's own bathroom & closet. One bedroom had a King bed & comfy chair & TV, and it's own sink, toilet & bathtub/shower. The other bedroom had 2 Queen beds & TV, with it's own sink and toilet and bathtub/shower. The 2 bedrooms have doors for privacy & are separated by a common living space that has a sofa & chair, tables & TV. And a kitchenette with coffee maker, toaster, dishes, silverware, pots&pans, fridge, 2 burner electric stove, dishwasher, sink, & breakfast counter with 2 chairs. We thoroughly enjoyed the free dinner (Wednesday) that included salad bar & hamburgers & brats expertly grilled by Justin. & afterwards, relaxed by the fireplace on the outdoor patio with complimentary glasses of wine & beer & soda! They had a variety of bottled & canned beers on ice & your choice of red or white wines. Joanne did a great job of replenishing foods at the dinner buffet. There's a "pantry" where you can buy small frozen foods, snacks, sundries. Extensive & plentiful selection at breakfast- fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, waffles, pastries, oatmeal, cold cereals, breads, bagels, yogurts, juices, milk, coffee, tea. Large dining area to accommodate guests. Kudos to the staff & management on a well-run hotel! Too bad I can't upload more than 10 pics, cuz there's more great areas of this hotel to show off !

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank DJfromIllinois
Reviewed 23 April 2018

I have stayed here a few times and plan to again in the future. I find the staff to be quite good, friendly and helpful. Complimentary breakfast is what you'd expect but on the better end. Happy our drinks and dinner on Mon- Wed is nice as well. Location is a little odd but it's close to many routes wherever you might need to go. Pool is great (I hope they fix the Jacuzzi jets soon). I enjoy staying here and that's really my review... I'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

The prices are reasonable, and the rooms are nice (not luxury, but nice.) The hot breakfast buffet is pretty respectable, but the real highlight is the Grins 'N Fins water park: nice, large Jacuzzi for the adults, 85' water slide for the youth, a play structure with sprinklers and small slides for the little kiddos!
The rooms have microwaves, stove tops, and dishes for cooking; full-size fridges (with freezers) for extended stays. Stock your room with a few basics (milk, bread, eggs, etc), and you're ready for a fun stay in Salt Lake.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric D
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Miss Lacey, Miss Kalo, and Miss Yanira -- Thank You! You are incredible, very helpful, and personable. Two bedroom suite with kitchen, living room, and two bathrooms. Super clean facility. Breakfast buffet has a lot of fresh fruit, eggs, cheese, breads, waffles, variety of meats, etc. Dinner Mon-Wednesday includes salad bar, entrée, beer, wine, and soda. Bed is very comfortable with great pillows. Home away from home. Shuttle driver is very professional and accommodating. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business